Maine
Options

Inexperienced officiant

Hello ladies! So, I found someone to officiate my wedding for me. She is the manager of the branch I previously worked at before I got promoted. The reason I decided to ask her is because she is just a sweet, sweet person and I wanted it to be someone we knew so that there was more of a connection and also comfort in the ceremony. She agreed to do it, however, she has never done this before and has a bit of a public speaking phobia. So, I have been trying to find a script for her that is short but meaningful. Neither me, nor my fiance are religious, so we don't want this to involve any religious views. I've found the vows I would like us to use. Here they are:

(Name), I love you. You are my best friend. Today I give myself to you in marriage. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle.
I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard,
when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard. These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life.

I really like them but I don't know how to begin and then end as far as the officiants speech will go. Would you ladies be willing to help me? Even if you give me a hand as to what goes first, in the middle, and then end? And I can research and find what I like. I'm sure where shes never done it before, she will have a hard time figuring it out as well and since she is doing this as a favor to me, I think it's best if I just give her what I want her to say n she study it instead of trying to have her do the research on her own. Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
~*Life is not measured by the amount of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away*~

Re: Inexperienced officiant

• Options
    schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My intro is something like this:

Officiant: Friends and Family we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses, to join (Groom's name) and (Brides Name) in matrimony. We are here to celebrate the love that (Groom's name) and (Brides Name) have for each other, as well as the love that each of you have given them throughout their lives. Although the focus today is upon their relationship, it is also a tribute to you all; it is through your love and support that they have become the lovely individuals that stand before you today.

and the end is going to be something like this

(Grooms name) and (Brides Name), in the presence of your family and friends who have joined you to share this moment of joy in your lives, you have declared your deep love and affection for each other. You have stated your wish to always be open to a deeper, richer partnership. You have formed your own union, based on respect and honor. Therefore, it is my pleasure to officially acknowledge your union as "Husband and Wife". You may now kiss the bride.

i am still tweaking....its a work in progress
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards