Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

3 Entree Choice, but who ordered Filet at your wedding??

I am having about 120 guests and am offering a choice of Filet, Grouper or Chicken Piccata.  I'm being charged per plate (insted of one price across the board) and am trying to budget accordingly.  Did you find most of your guests ordered the beef, chicken, fish, or was it pretty even?  Help!

Re: 3 Entree Choice, but who ordered Filet at your wedding??

• Options
    If I was attending your wedding I would order the Filet because I love steak.

How well do you know your guests?  Are most of them meat eaters?  If so I would expect most of them to choose the filet.

Also, I think you need a vegetarian option just in case.

Finally, if you don't think you can afford 120 filet dishes then don't have filet as a choice.  You should always be prepared to pay for the maximum offered.

• Options
    My sister had a choice of filet, salmon and a veggie option.

about 25% picked the fish, 5% the veggie and 70% filet

It differs from guest list to guest list.  From experience working events, filets tend to the more popular pick.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I answered you on Receptions.  I would offer a vegetarian option, and I would budget for all (or at least most) of your guests to pick the most expensive option.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_3-entree-choice-but-who-ordered-filet-at-your-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:55f01b0e-6429-40be-a8c1-03b712442f5dPost:1880bfbc-6392-441e-8474-8249cfd6b0fa">3 Entree Choice, but who ordered Filet at your wedding??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am having about 120 guests and am offering a choice of Filet, Grouper or Chicken Piccata.  I'm being charged per plate (insted of one price across the board) and am trying to budget accordingly.  Did you find most of your guests ordered the beef, chicken, fish, or was it pretty even?  Help!
    Posted by Meraklu[/QUOTE]

We offered beef, fish, vegtarian and our stats broke down to 69% beef, 16% fish and 15% vegetarian.   We expected high numbers on the vegetarian because my DH and a number of our guests are vegetarian.
  • Options
    I would have chosen the filet. So would my H.  I would account for at least 70% choosing the filet unless you have a lot of vegetarians.  I think most people know that it's usually a safer choice at a banquet setting because it can be tasty at a wide variety of temperatures; meanwhile fish and chicken go from perfectly cooked to under or overcooked in moments. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_3-entree-choice-but-who-ordered-filet-at-your-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:55f01b0e-6429-40be-a8c1-03b712442f5dPost:ab448928-229e-4441-b1ed-1605ef47c9fe">Re: 3 Entree Choice, but who ordered Filet at your wedding??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would have chosen the filet. So would my H.  I would account for at least 70% choosing the filet unless you have a lot of vegetarians.  I think most people know that it's usually a safer choice at a banquet setting because it can be tasty at a wide variety of temperatures; meanwhile fish and chicken go from perfectly cooked to under or overcooked in moments. 
    Posted by NOLAbridealmost[/QUOTE]

This. FWIW, I was just at lunch with my fiance, his parents, and their older cousins from Russia. 4 people ordered steak. 2 people ordered fish. Obviously, a tiny sample, but I think steak is celebratory and safe for lots of people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards