Michigan-Detroit

Rehearsal Dinner ideas-Detroit area

Hey everyone!

Our wedding is in the Detroit area, and I reallly want a nice relaxed rehearsal dinner.  We are having italian food at the reception, so any italian restaurant like Andiamo's is out. Let me know if you have any ideas!

-Katie

Re: Rehearsal Dinner ideas-Detroit area

• edited December 2011
    I hear Roast is pretty good
  • edited December 2011
    Buca DiBeppo is Yummy!
  • edited December 2011
    Any of the restaurants in Greektown would be good including Fishbones.

Roast is amazing but very pricy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kaembreekaembree member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the ideas! I'm going to look into these places!
  • edited December 2011
    We just had ours at Hockeytown Cafe and we are still getting as many compliments about it as we are the wedding.  The food was awesome and the event manager is so great to work with.  Also, I don't know how large your RD will be but it can accomodate a large number of people.  Highly recommend them, especially if you can get the roof!!
  • Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Hockey Town Cafe!  Great time whenever we go there
  • jolla92126jolla92126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Traffic Jam & Snug
    Union Street
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing ours at Pizza Papalis.
    We would have done it at Detroit Beer Co. but I'm 99% sure they are catering the wedding, so that's out.
    Ditto PPs that Roast is amazing but expensive.
    Union Street in Midtown is supposed to be pretty nice.
    Slow's BBQ would have been my top choice for the RD but it is expensive as well.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    249 Invited image
    200 Are Ready to Party! image
    49 Are Missing Out image
    0 Are Making Me Wait image
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_rehearsal-dinner-ideas-detroit-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:661ff577-74c1-4266-b05e-e944fa3ce91dPost:d71fff29-9428-4d07-be52-fdbe6aee4ad2">Re: Rehearsal Dinner ideas-Detroit area</a>:
    [QUOTE] Slow's BBQ would have been my top choice for the RD but it is expensive as well.
    Posted by bamross[/QUOTE]

Slow's was totally my top choice too, but it was too small. But, I believe they have their catering service set up now (something that was in the works when I was looking for RD options).  So that could be an option too. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_rehearsal-dinner-ideas-detroit-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:661ff577-74c1-4266-b05e-e944fa3ce91dPost:b2b1fa44-eede-4d13-9ebd-19f72ebef742">Re: Rehearsal Dinner ideas-Detroit area</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rehearsal Dinner ideas-Detroit area : Slow's was totally my top choice too, but it was too small. But, I believe they have their catering service set up now (something that was in the works when I was looking for RD options).  So that could be an option too. 
    Posted by songbrd410[/QUOTE]

Yep, Slow's To Go is now open and they do cater...I REALLY wanted them to cater the wedding initially, but it was more than we wanted to spend, sadly :(
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    249 Invited image
    200 Are Ready to Party! image
    49 Are Missing Out image
    0 Are Making Me Wait image
  • kaembreekaembree member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I'm loving these ideas!
  • edited December 2011
    We're having ours at the New Parthenon.  Plenty of space and I love the atmosphere. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • lowreyemlowreyem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cliff Bells
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards