Wedding Etiquette Forum

Mornin' Eeners!

Anybody up and trying to navigate this beast this morning?

I'm trying my damnedest to make me a nice butt groove here. IM TRYING, OK? Its hard. It's so damn slow.

Anyway, Good morning to the people formally known as Peeners. It's THURSDAY! Most of the week is donezo! WOOT!
Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution

Re: Mornin' Eeners!

• Good morning, Fischy!  I'm stumped as to why I couldn't see any new posts last night...and I'm a little leery of this place still, too slow.  I wonder if they've fixed the email notification thing yet.  On the plus side, I had a donut earlier!
  • Good morning!!

Annie assured me that it's going to get back up to speed when they're done working on everything.  Here's hoping!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That makes two of us, but I'm going to give it a go. It's painfully slow at work, but I'm hoping that maybe all the glitches aren't quite worked out yet and that it will somehow become remarkable fast and give me back my post count. ;) I didn't get gouged as bad as some did! Like OOT...

The Margarita Evolution
  • Morning!

It's better now that I've blocked every ad from showing up. Still not as clean though.

Any good plans for the weekend?
  • Morning....

Overall I like the new formal.  I hate it's so slow.  I have a slow connection to begin with, this just adds to my frustration.

I wish I could get my location on display.  I have it everywhere in my profile, but still no display.  Oh well, at least I still have correct post counts.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Dani, did she say anything about post count? I noticed the snarkers all lost about twenty thousand posts, too.

Did they just count them differently when they moved them over, or is it a glitch?

The Margarita Evolution
  • Well I told Annie about people losing post counts and basically the answer was, be glad you have them at all because they don't on the Nest and she had to fight for us to keep ours because she knows how much we value them.  So...  Undecided
  • Let's see...the weekend. Bunco tomorrow, I'm throwing a suprise party for my best friend Saturday, and football sunday! Sounds good to me!

The Margarita Evolution
  • Maybe super old posts were archived or deleted so the post counts didn't add them?
  • Good morning! I am currently still attempting to navigate this beast, formally known as the big bag of diicks.

Do you have any fun plans for Thanksgiving?

• Oh man. Maybe I should be glad I'm not a Noob, huh? Although there would actually be some humor in that. ;)

The Margarita Evolution
  • We are staying in town for thanksgiving and having it with the inlaws! It's really the only ACTUAL Holiday we spent with his family, and I really look forward to it.

And? I LOVE not having to travel.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Weird.  There is post count on The Nest, right under your name like how it is on here now.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• That is really nice, Fischy. We're staying in town too because FI was going to have to work almost every day next week, so my family is coming down here. But we just found out that he's got almost every day off next week. WOOT!

Not having to travel is going to make this a really awesome Thanksgiving.

• Oh and good morning! Cool
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Weekend: FI comes home tonight!!!!!ELEVENTY!!!!

I am so excited to see him and spend 10 whole days together.

I think this merits a:

Laughing

• And no, the bolding isn't working for me either, but I heard that's getting resolved, too.

I wonder. Does ANYONE watch knot tv?

The Margarita Evolution
  • Morning everyone! I love how you're sayinf goodbye to your posts fisch....

I can't wait til lunch I brought stuff to make a tuna melt mmmmm, I'm starving already
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mornin-eeners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ac6ef2e4-3c3d-4f4a-9997-5b24a73af920Post:dcee6a89-b731-4bb3-8acb-5f2004091409">Re: Mornin' Eeners!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wonder. Does ANYONE watch knot tv?
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Only the newbs who don't know they actually don't have to. Knot tv is forced on those who don't know.

• Ok, I promise all be done with questions, but is there html to use for the smileys? Opening up the box to add a smiley bugs me.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I predict that newbies will excessively use the smileys and colored fonts, and we will laugh at them.
  • Meh, in the grand scheme of things, they are just posts.

I was bothered by how much it bothered me yesterday. What am I? 8? ;)

I come here for the people, so as long as the people are here, my azz will be here too. Sorry to disappoint some of you. ;)

The Margarita Evolution
  • Well good morning fische (and everyone else), nice to see you havnt abandoned ship yet!

I dont want to go to work :( I just wanna go to stephen king RIGHT NOW. Im also out of protein powder so my breakfast sucked :(

oh wait I can use this...Cry
  • I wonder what is a glitch and what is not.

for example on the nest/bump if you switch the view in a thread to newest to oldest, everytime you go into the thread it stay newest to oldest.  Here you have to re-sort it every time.   It's so annoying because of how slow it is.

Is that a glitch or suppose to be that way?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Good morning y'all
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mornin-eeners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ac6ef2e4-3c3d-4f4a-9997-5b24a73af920Post:0caaa3b3-4937-4de6-a54a-8eb535d0fa2f">Re: Mornin' Eeners!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Meh, in the grand scheme of things, they are just posts. I was bothered by how much it bothered me yesterday. What am I? 8? ;) I come here for the people, so as long as the people are here, my azz will be here too. Sorry to disappoint some of you. ;)
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

I hope this doesn't sound weird, but as I was getting ready for work this morning, I was thinking of you and your threats to leave.  I says to myself I says, look my favorite bar just closed.  But did I move out of town?  Stop seeing my friends?  No.  We still get together, the place just looks a lot different and you can't get a good stiff drink, but hey it's still friends and it's still drinks. 
  • I agree Lynda. Because it's so slow, it isn't worth my time to sort it because it take forevah.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Eh, I'm here, barely.  The speed and the three page refreshes to do anything aren't really working for me.  Killing the fun.  So I log in, quickly scan to see if there are any thread titles worth going through the hassle of opening.

And for whoever said they were't seeing any new threads from last night...I don't think there were any.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good morning ladies! I'm here, trying to figure out if I can use eggs that expired yesterday to bake cupcakes today. Hmm...
  • Good morning all!

The board is actually quite speedy for me this morning. I noticed a marked improvement when I got home and started browsing on my Mac and Firefox. We'll see what happens when I get to work.

Lemme try out the BB smileys.. [:)]
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards