New Jersey

Dolce Palisades

Hi,

Please share any feedback on weddings at Dolce Palisades. I visited today and liked it but there is very little information available.

Thanks!

Re: Dolce Palisades

• goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I have been there for other events and their food is delicious.   My friend went to a wedding there awhile back and said it was very nice, she just didn't like the room that the reception was in...it was two levels and she said the layout was weird.   but overall, she said it was a great wedding.
  • MelissarstoneMelissarstone member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there last year. It was - or maybe still is - an IBM corporate retreat, and it's really a beautiful place - lots of grounds, and a clean, modern look that's so different from most wedding venues around here. I liked that it didn't seem to be a busy hotel - I'm pretty sure most of the guests staying there that night were from the wedding.

I loved the reception room - it's an almost-blank canvas that's perfect if you want to get creative with your decor - and I didn't find the bi-level layout weird at all. (It certainly is executed better than Nanina's.) However, I can't recall if there was a ramp for those who would need it.

I thought the entrée - they did salmon and steak for everyone - was terrible. The salmon, especially, was overcooked. However, the cocktail hour was very nice. If it wasn't for the disappointing food, I would have definitely looked into booking it for my own wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I attended a Sweet 16 for a family friend a few years ago at Dolce Palisades.  The place is really pretty and has a woodsy & modern feel.  The ballroom is cool, since it is circular.  Most of the tables were on an elevated level and the dancefloor was a step down.  The food was decent...not particularly memorable, but definitely not gross.  Hope to help!
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the info!
  • altimat873altimat873 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work at IBM and its one of the meeting/conference facilities. . .theres also another place in westchester county called 'edith macy' if you are looking for that type of atmosphere as well and much cheaper. If interested I can put you in contact with someone as well.
    edited December 2011
    Thanks altimat873. I will look into that location as well. I think our group may be too big though (250+). Any feedback on the food at Dolce, have you eaten there?
  • altimat873altimat873 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The food at Dolce, honestly, ehhhh. Nothing that jumped out at me, think more catering style less restaraunt style.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards