Chit Chat

MIL problems

My FH and I have been dating about 7 years now and up until his mother visited us living together things were great!  Then suddenly, there was a huge decline in the relationship.  Things became weird, I became an issue and everything I did was wrong.  Fast forward to today about 2.5 months from the wedding and his mom has had absolutely no involvement, called to tell me how I'm a horrible person for not including his sister in my bridal party (a sister who never speaks to me even if we're in the same room, swears I don't like her and that I'm rude to her - make note that I've called, emailed, and tried to speak with her numerous times to explain the importance of a relationship with her for my FH's sake and sanity and NEVER received a response) - Despite her attitude and mistreatment and against my better judgment, I extended an invitation to her as a bm, I never receieved a phone call responding to my gesture of having her in the wedding.  Despite all of this I've still been reaching out to his mother, invited her to be in the room the day of with me getting ready, told her to please call me if she wants to know anything, to feel free to let me know who she'd like invited (2 months before I mailed out the invites) and she recently said she doesn't want anything to do with the wedding because I SHUT THEM OUT.

What or where do I go from here to not let them suck the happiness out of this day for me?  Any advice on how you'd handle the situation (I've even called her recently and received no answer nor was the call returned)

I don't know what else to do to make it clear that I'm not robbing them of son or brother.  

Re: MIL problems

• Let your fiance deal with them.

• Where's your FI while all of this is going on. They're his family, if there's a problem going on he needs to handle it. Just like if your family had an issue with your FI it would be your responsibility to handle it. If your FI is refusing to get involved then you have bigger problems than a distant FSIL and inconsiderate FMIL.
  • I agree, this is an issue your FI needs to handle since its his family.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, this is another one that should be entitled "FH problems", not "MIL problems".
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_mil-problems-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:fad095eb-5987-41a0-af79-7c56ebdf6640Post:1ac91c1c-d586-4fae-9907-b2ef3d250dff">MIL problems</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FH and I have been dating about 7 years now and up until his mother visited us living together things were great!  Then suddenly, there was a huge decline in the relationship.  Things became weird, I became an issue and everything I did was wrong.  Fast forward to today about 2.5 months from the wedding and his mom has had absolutely no involvement, called to tell me how I'm a horrible person for not including his sister in my bridal party (a sister who never speaks to me even if we're in the same room, swears I don't like her and that I'm rude to her - make note that I've called, emailed, and tried to speak with her numerous times to explain the importance of a relationship with her for my FH's sake and sanity and NEVER received a response) - Despite her attitude and mistreatment and against my better judgment, I extended an invitation to her as a bm, I never receieved a phone call responding to my gesture of having her in the wedding.  Despite all of this I've still been reaching out to his mother, invited her to be in the room the day of with me getting ready, told her to please call me if she wants to know anything, to feel free to let me know who she'd like invited (2 months before I mailed out the invites) and she recently said she doesn't want anything to do with the wedding because I SHUT THEM OUT. What or where do I go from here to not let them suck the happiness out of this day for me?  Any advice on how you'd handle the situation (I've even called her recently and received no answer nor was the call returned)<strong> I don't know what else to do to make it clear that I'm not robbing them of son or brother.</strong>  
    Posted by Jabarnes0131[/QUOTE]

You don't. Your FI does.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards