Michigan-Grand Rapids

St. Joseph Brides

A few brides mentioned the need for a post dedicated to St. Joe brides. How many brides do we have out there? Maybe we can use this post to help find vendor recommendations, etc. I am an August 2013 bride and deciding between the Heritage Center and Shadowland Ballroom. If anyone has any information to share about either venue, I'd definitely appreciate it!

Re: St. Joseph Brides

• edited December 2011
    Hi! Yeah, I've been pulling for a St. Joseph board for awhile. Just don't know how to do it. I'm getting married October next year, and because of the iffy weather and how much we love the vintage appeal of the place, we're doing the reception at the Heritage. I doubt they've set their 2013 pricing yet, but for 2012 the cost is $1200 to hold/ deposit, plus an additional $12 per/person set-up fee due 10 days prior to the event, as well as a $500 security deposit.  Amy Zapal, the coordinator there, is amazing and gave us a print-out of just about every major vendor in the area. I don't know how many other brides have this, so I'm totally willing to share. Also love how flexible they are with set-up and so forth. They get all the tables and everything set-up several days in advance (if there are no other events) and renters are able to bring in any additional decoration items to set up on your own as soon as the room/ tables are set--so no last minute day-of rushing around. Love that.

I admit I don't know much about how the Shadowland works, but I know it was much pricier than the Heritage because of its beach location. Its definitely a more modern space, also.

Anyways, like I said, I have that list on hand and will be happy to share any or all of it as you or anyone else needs it. Just let me know!

Good luck with getting your venue pickedSmile
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • simmsea19simmsea19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Found some contact info...

General Customer Service

Email: feedback@theknot.com
    Hours: Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 5 p.m., PST

Maybe if we all send them a note to start a section for Southwest Michigan brides, it will get done!
  • edited December 2011
    Excellent! I'm emailing them right now!
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • edited December 2011
    lv2011, let us know if you get a response. I would also love to see the vendor list you got from Heritage. When I crunched the numbers for Heritage with $12 pp setup fee, the price was really close to a Friday/Sunday night rental fee for Shadowland. (My guest list is about 150.) The positive aspect of Heritage is that you can pick your caterer and provide your own alcohol. I just love love the down by the beach feel at Shadowland. We also want to do a beachside wedding, either at the Shadowland Pavillion or Jean Klock Beach.
  • edited December 2011
    No response :( If you like, pm me your email and i can send the attached vendore list to you. Its pretty extensive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards