Plus-Sized

What To Do?

So I have a crazy question and I just don't know what to do and it has been bothering me for a while now. Anyways I had a song picked out for the ceremony that the BM's to walk to. It has words and everything BUT now I don't like it. I thought I needed something that represented them or a friendship type song instead of something lovey dovey or that represented FI and I.

Well I have a song I really like and I want to use it in the wedding somewhere but it won't be our first dance or anything. So I thought I could use that song for the ceremony and the WP. But is it really appropriate? Does the song really have to reflect them?

Here's the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghtkOWTWTHw

What do you ladies think? Am I just over thinking this and it really doesn't matter?

Re: What To Do?

• The song just has to reflect what you want to be the opening song of your wedding ceremony.

Most people choose an instrumental or romantic song more than a 'these are my girls' song-- really, it can be whatever song you want to hear playing as your wedding begins!
  • It's whatever you want the song to be.  It doesn't have to be traditional or lovey-dovey, just something that fits you and your WP. I'm having the love theme from the Dark Crystal played on string quartet for my processional, myself.

Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend. - Andrew Futral

• I love this song. its actually in the running for our first dance song. How about your sand ceremony or your unity candle lighting? 
  • I think that song is lovely for a BP procession.  I've never really heard of making the ceremony music fit "your girls" (the reception entrance maybe, but not the ceremony).  It's got kind of a nice instrumental element that makes it feel a little more traditional, and the words are beautiful.

Just an FYI, though - I don't know what kind of ceremony you're planning, but some churches restrict what music you can have.  Just a thought before you get your heart set on somethin
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards