California-Los Angeles

Where to buy wedding dress?

I just got engaged a few weeks ago and planning on getting married in Las Vegas! I live in Sherman Oaks....not sure where to start looking for wedding dresses? Any suggestions?Thanks!Lindsay

Re: Where to buy wedding dress?

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I started at David's Bridal because of their large selection and low prices. I ended up buying a dress from [url]http://jaysbridal.net/store/home.php[/url] in Gainesville, FL (I got married in Gainesville and that's where I mostly tried on dresses).
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement! I had a fantastic experience at Pebbles Bridal in Woodland Hills.  They are extremely knowledgeable and helpful...And Honest!  They have good prices as well.  Good Luck!
  • jenna1984jenna1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i got my dress at David's bridal but if you go there make sure you bring someone with you i brought my two maids of honors and they helped me more than the consultant did, the main reason i went there was because they had the dress i was looking for at a good price if it wasn't that way i might have gone somewhere else.
  • amberlynn2286amberlynn2286 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awww i was planning ours for Vegas but it work out (the people we want cant afford to go, the ones who can afford we dont want there HA) i got suggestions for Maggie Sottero and i went to her "locations" page and started calling stores there, i love her dresses so far!
  • SJ&GMSJ&GM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! yes David's Bridal is where I found my dress but also try Alfred Angelo.
  • SMHubbardSMHubbard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My suggestion is to go to David's Bridal to check out shapes, fabric, and dress colors you might like. They have a large selection in a lot of different sizes, so you will get to see what the dress looks like on you, without all the clips holding it up. After that though, I would go to Pebbles in Woodland Hills. They have a large selection as well and will be honest about the dress rather than try and make a sale.
  • sdhowlandsdhowland member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience at Mon Amie in Costa Mesa.  Nicole was my consultant and she was actually the one who picked my dress!
  • mrsinoctmrsinoct member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Alfred Angelo.  I liked their dresses and service more than Davids, actually.  I've also had several friends who have gotten their dresses there over the years and have been really happy. They have classic styles as well as some unique styles.  The sales people I had were so helpful!  I highly recommend going afterwork on a weekday or during another off time. They can get really busy on the weekends.  I went on a Friday around 4 and we got a lot of attention. I was there for a couple of hours trying on all sorts of things.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I live in the same area.  Some of the places I went to in the area are: R-mine Bridal on Ventura-  www.rminebridal.comLili Bridals in Tarzana- www.lilibridals.com- I wasn't very happy with the way the staff treat the customers, but it's a good place to try on different styles to see what you like.I also went to a couple in Pasadena, including:Mary Linn's- marylinn.comI ended up buying my dress at Jenny Lee Bridal in West Hollywood.
  • Soon2B Mrs.VSoon2B Mrs.V member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think everyone's experiences are different... I received horrible service at Pebbles even though I've heard of so many other knotties getting along there. I purchased my dress at Lili Bridals. They had great dresses to choose from, and my consultant, Maria, was fabulous. Sonia did a great job on my alterations as well. I drove up to Santa Barbara to try on dresses as well, but didn't have very good luck there. Camarillo Bridal was very friendly and had a lot of Maggie Sottero dresses if that's what you're looking for.
  • Soon2B Mrs.VSoon2B Mrs.V member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    btw, my dress was Watters and I loved it. The store had 3 dresses that I narrowed down my choices to, and they were all Watters.
  • malibu09bridemalibu09bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pebbles did have a great selection and they were really sweet. However, I ended up getting my dress from Mariposa Bridal down in Anaheim. I really liked the layout and feel of the store. Plus, their customer service was great. My dress actually came in earlier than expected, too. Oh, one other thing to consider. Pebbles will NOT let you take pictures when you go to try on dresses, but Mariposa will let you.
  • KyumsterpooKyumsterpoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd say go to Pebbles Bridal. I was just there last weekend and that's where I found my dress! They have a wide range of dresses from $599 and up and the girls are very helpful with finding the right dress. Ask for Misty...she was really sweet!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for your help ladies! I will start my shopping on Thursday. So excited! how many shopping trips did it take you all to find your dress? So far I'm looking at Davids, Pebbles, Lili's, and Alfred Angelo : )
  • marinamymarinamy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I went to Marrylinn's in Beverly Hills and bought a dress, but I have decided against it.  I now have  $3,200 credit to Panache in Beverly Hills, Marrylinn's in Beverly Hills and Pasadena.  They have a huge selection, but I have fallen in love with a Vera Wang.  I would love to sell my credit for $2,900 or any reasonable offer! Let me know if you are interested, marin@pacbell.net
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards