Pennsylvania-Central

Skeleton keys?

Anyone know where I can get skeleton keys?? Either ones that look old or ones that I can make look old. I'm really debating about changing my decoration idea if adding the keys won't cost too much.
"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." Walt Disney Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Skeleton keys?

• CynikettECynikettE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've found a few digging through stuff at flea markets (Leesport Farmers Market, for example). I've checked pretty much every antique shop in the area without any luck. I think eBay is your best bet.

Here's a cheap lot ...hopefully, the price will stay low.

http://cgi.ebay.com/11-Antique-Skeleton-Keys-Intricate-bits-12-/270565854567?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3efefb4d67
  • edited December 2011
    Michael's have some not sure how much they were but I remember seeing them there (in the jewelry section).  I would suggest flea markets.  Not sure where you are in Central PA but Saturday's market has some.  They have a whole bunch of stuff. 
    Michelle and Chris 10.10.10 ~Planning Bio~Updated September 12th~ 10/10 Siggy challenge: Walking down the aisle Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    As soon as it is nice go to Saturday's Market in the Harrisburg/Hummelstown area. I saw hundreds of them there--cheap. And you can easily negotiate price if you are buying in bulk. There is also Antique Marketplace on Bosler Ave. in Lemoyne and Building Character on the 300 block of North Queen Street in Lancaster. I promise, I've seen them at all three places! Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Girls!!!!! I can't thank ya'll so much!!! My fam and I LOVE flea markets we were bummed when the one at Silver Springs closed. This one looks amazing!!
    "I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." Walt Disney Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't count on finding them for less than $1 a piece. I love flea markets & antique stores & checked all of the places I normally find things at reasonable prices. I ended up buying the skeleton keys for my reception in bulk lots on ebay.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards