Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Texas Favors

I am thinking about favor ideas for our guest. Most will be from out of town so I'd like to do something that says "Texas". If I could, Arlington. I have thought about BBQ Rub, Salsa, BBQ Sauce. I also thought about something like a cookie, praline, or brownie that is 3 times the normal size with a tag that says everythings bigger in Texas. No matter what the item is, it will go in a box with a ribbon. So Dr.Pepper is out. TIA.

Re: Texas Favors

• edited December 2011

To me, those ideas sound great.  I'd just pick one and go with it.

• edited December 2011

How about cookies in the shape of Texas in cello bags with a cute tag?

• edited December 2011
    Your ideas sound great to me.

Bluebonnet seeds are Texas-y and maybe you could get the package personalized for your wedding.  

Maybe something with a Texas star?
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the cookie idea.  Edible favors are always the best.

I had Lamm's Texas pralines in my OOT boxes.  They were a big hit.  They came 2 pralines to a box.  They were $3 a box though, although if you need alot of them, maybe you could get a deal.  You could also split the boxes and put 1 praline in your own boxes.  But they are small so that's probably not what you are wanting.

I say do the cookies.
  • appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cacti would be cool! Don't know the logistics but I think it's neat hehe

edible is always preferable :p

Pendery's is a cool place to look...Don't know how much you want to spend but they have some interesting rubs and spices and they also have a cookie cutter in the shape of Texas.

http://www.penderys.com

Your ideas are great as well!
  • amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't have anything new to add,  but I wanted to throw my vote in for edible.  Always edible.  I like the cookie idea (it will also probably be the most cost effective).
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• edited December 2011
    I to vote edible. I think the larger then normal cookies would be cute, and would be really inexpensive if you decide to DIY them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards