Wedding Reception Forum

Transportation

Hi brides! 

This might be the best board to ask qeustions about transportation that I am having.

Is anyone getting limos or buses to bring to church and then reception only?

Or do you  book it for the entire night?

Help! Thanks!

Re: Transportation

• Our ceremony and reception was at the same location.   100% of our guest were OOT.

Everyone had the opportunity to use the transportion.  We rented 2 trolleys.  1 was only for a few hours. To get everyone to the venue.  The other one was for the entire night.  It made runs whenever anyone wanted to leave.  Round trip was only 10-15 minutes.  So not a long wait.

If you got people to the receptions how would they get back to the hotel?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • We rented a limo bus for the whole day. The girls got hair done at salon & then we drove over to reception hall & limo picked us up from there & drove us to the church to get dressed & finish getting ready. The men got ready at our house & also drove over to the reception hall where the limo went back to after dropping girls off & picked them up. The limo took us around for photos (which was nice to have everyone together & not having to deal w/parking in downtown area) & then to reception hall. Everyone had their cars at the reception hall at the end of the night & was free to leave when they wanted. It worked out great for us.
  • Our wedding is in June and we have rented busses.  About 85% of our guests are OOT.  We rented a 35 passenger bus to get me/bridesmaids from hotel to venue (ceremony & reception are at the same site), then it'll go back for groom/groomsmen, and then finally one trip for hotel guests.  We also rented a 55 passenger bus to take another load of guests from hotel to venue and then make return trips all night.  All in all- busses are rented from 1:30pm - 12am.   It's not cheap, but it'll be worth it to ensure our guests don't have to worry about driving with an open bar.
  • My church is 3 blocks from the hotel where OOT guests are staying, so we are assuming people will either walk (if they don't have car), or drive if they don't want to walk.  The reception is 1.5 miles from the hotel, so we have shuttles from the hotel to the reception for the hour before hand, then at the end of the reception back to the hotel.  For us the money was worth peace of mind and knowing that no one is going to get behind the wheel when they really shouldn't.
  • This post actually made me LOL!! My best friend got married 6 years ago and only rented the limo for to ceremony and to reception space. At the end of the night after we cleaned everything up we realized we had no way of getting home! The bride, groom, myself and one of the groomsmen were stuck at the reception site! We had to call her parents and wait almost 45 minutes for them to come back and get us!! We made the best of it, but it sucked! I would definitely go for the whole night and if you don't definitely make sure you have a plan of how you're all getting back!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards