Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Outdoor Wedding Locations

My fiance and I are planning our 2012 wedding while being on opposite sides of Michigan as I finish my Master of Social Work degree. We'd like to get married Summer/September at an outdoor venue. Ideally, we'd love to get married outside, under a big oak or willow tree with plenty of room for guests. If possible, we'd like to have an indoor reception at the same venue or nearby, again with plenty of space for guests. Does anyone have any suggestions of venues or locations? I would appreciate any advice or suggestions!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone

Re: Outdoor Wedding Locations

• Options
    TheWopTheWop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

How many people are you looking to invite?  I got married outside at Quail Ridge Golf Club with a bunch of huge trees around, and we had our reception there too, it was great.  There room only holds 185 though.  Their prices, food, and service were awesome.  We took some amazing pictures on the course, also. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    KMLaraKMLara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At Boulder Creek (golf course near Rockford) you could get married outside under this great tree and then move indoors for a reception.
  • Options
    Lorielle22Lorielle22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedgewood Park (On Wilson, just south of Prairie Parkway) in Grandville, has a big weeping willow tree, oak trees and several other tree varieties.  Plus there is a footbridge and a nice-size creek that runs through the park property.  Lots of good photo ops!  (However, there is only an outdoor pavillion there. )  There is a nearby banquet hall called La Hacienda Banquet Hall (Corner of 28th/Burlingame) about 5 minutes away.  A couple other parks that come to mind both have a small, rentable, indoor cabin that holds about 50 people would be; a) Ideal Park in Wyoming and b) Spring Grove Park in Jamestown, not far from Hudsonville.  Spring Grove is exceptionally nice! 
    Mother-of-the-Bride
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These are all terrific suggestions! Thank you all! If anyone has anything more to add in, feel free! We're looking at a guest total between 250-300, but haven't decided whether all guests will be invited to the ceremony or just to the reception. The wedding may be smaller and intimate, with family and a few friends. Thank you again!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    b0710b0710 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_outdoor-wedding-locations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:8463af03-a374-4ce1-942e-4f857e36f818Post:3d36c4f7-18d9-436e-9e2a-5e17c17f52db">Re: Outdoor Wedding Locations</a>:
    [QUOTE]These are all terrific suggestions! Thank you all! If anyone has anything more to add in, feel free! We're looking at a guest total between 250-300, <strong>but haven't decided whether all guests will be invited to the ceremony or just to the reception.</strong> The wedding may be smaller and intimate, with family and a few friends. Thank you again!
    Posted by jakeandamanda[/QUOTE]

You should probably invite people to both.  There are some people that feel really bad that they didn't make the cut for the ceremony, but you want to party with them (plus it's a pretty big etiquette no-no). Unless you are doing a seriously small ceremony like 20 people or something, you should invite all the guests to both.  Just something to consider since you are still in the early planning phase.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards