Hawaii

Royal Kona Resort

My apologies if this has been brought up already. Just received our contract to sign and would like some feedback on anyone having had their wedding there. Any info is greatly appreciated!
TIA

Re: Royal Kona Resort

• I haven't had my wedding yet but I'm getting married their Aug. 1st. So far we are happy with everything! Wish I could give you more info. When are you getting married?

• I'm getting married Sept 21. I may be signed in on my other acct. Not sure which I originally posted with. I'm pleasantly surprised with the organization/detail, but just wish I had feedback from someone who's already gone through it!
  • I have met another girl that is getting married in July there, but so far no one that has gotten married there. Hopefully it will be amazing!
  • Hey, Im getting married there in July. I talked to someone who had gotten married there and she  had good things to say. If I remember her name, I will let you know!

Tiffany
  • Awesome! Are you guys using the photographer they use or getting someone outside? I want really good pictures, not just ok.
  • I decided to not use their photographer I wasn't in love with their pics. I looked around for someone on the island or another island since it would be cheaper than flyig someone from WA. But in the end photographers on the islands were as much as the photographer from home including the flight to Hawaii. But then some how I only have to pay for the wedding package and not their flight anymore.
  • The coordinator there gave me the info for 5 photogs they use. some are terrible and others were amazing. Im in the process of choosing right now.
  • I haven't inquired about additional photographers from them yet. Just know from the pics they have displayed I wasn't at all impressed. Are any of you choosing to have reception outdoors as well? We are doing ceremony at Nohea Point and then reception at the Cove (can't think of the name- not the private lagoon one). I can't imagine choosing just a beautiful setting and then taking it all indoors and I'm hoping once I get there it looks great since that was my deciding factor on booking the place.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_royal-kona-resort-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:2f38cd9f-f185-4306-af71-5a5371b705b9Post:abc394d6-00ba-45c4-bb74-8d77a59670bc">Re: Royal Kona Resort</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't inquired about additional photographers from them yet. Just know from the pics they have displayed I wasn't at all impressed. Are any of you choosing to have reception outdoors as well? We are doing ceremony at Nohea Point and then reception at the Cove (can't think of the name- not the private lagoon one). I can't imagine choosing just a beautiful setting and then taking it all indoors and I'm hoping once I get there it looks great since that was my deciding factor on booking the place.
    Posted by RNAlohaBride[/QUOTE]

We are also having ceremony at Nohea and reception at Sunset Cove on the sand.
    dont worry! The pictures they have displayed are terrible, but there are three photogs in particular that the resort works with that seem to be above the rest. Im trying to decide right now.  If you look on Facebook you can see a few. Emotion Galleries is one, and Kelilina is another. They actually have alot of photos taken at both Nohea and Sunset, which is nice, cause it gives you a better idea of the lay of the land. The only downside is the resort charges a set fee, which is alot more than the individual photogs charge... so we will probably have a lot of our photos taken off site and just have like 2 hours at the actual  resort. So complicated!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards