Not Engaged Yet
Options

WR AW Ceremony/Reception Venue Booked

We don't even have a check list yet, but we have our first check!  This morning FI and I locked in our April 27, 2014 date.  It is still far out, but that was a date that would work well, so we wanted to book it soon.

The venue is called Profile Event Center.  We will be using the Diamond Hall.  (I jokingly asked the event coordinator if we could temporarily rename it: Moissanite Hall in homage to my rings.)  

There is a lot that comes included with the venue: linens, tables, chairs, on site day of coordinators, intelligent lighting (we can change the color of the lights in the room, on the stage and in the hallway leading toward the restrooms), lighting and sound tech present day of, great sound system, digital projection screen, all glassware, flatware and so on.  We just have to meet the food and beverage minimums for their on site catering, which are very reasonable for the month and day we chose.

It also happens to be the place we met!

A few pictures for your viewing pleasure:

This is the entrance our guests will use.

The dance floor: view from the stage

Diamond Hall: view from the DJ booth

Re: WR AW Ceremony/Reception Venue Booked

• Options
    I like it!  Congrats on getting the date locked in!
  • Options
    It looks great! You having a really long engagement!

• Options
    Congrats! It looks so pretty! It's a good feeling having a date nailed down. :
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Thanks!  We are jazzed about the place.

Beth, it is not sooooo long.  I wish it could be shorter, but when we discussed what we wanted for our wedding day and honeymoon, we realized we could comfortably budget for that year.  I have been unemployed for a few months and am just starting part time work in a few weeks.  Planning a little farther out will prevent a strain on our relationship resulting from financial concerns.  For now, it gives us something to plan for and look forward to!

• Options
    wow it looks awesome congrats!

Anniversary

• Options
    DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Looks great!  Congrats! And Fi and I picked a time far out (we don't have a date pinned down yet, but have narrowed it to 2) for similar reasons to you. It's far off, but you're making the right decision for you and your Fi! At the end of the day you'll still be married, you'll have the wedding and honeymoon you wanted, and you won't be in debt! Congrats!!!
  • Options
    Congrats!  It looks great.  Love the dance floor!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wr-aw-ceremonyreception-venue-booked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:eeb29e8a-905e-40f2-a9b4-9c4dd0869b9bPost:5fa246bf-548d-43b2-821f-ac16f4a2ddfc">Re: WR AW Ceremony/Reception Venue Booked</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks!  We are jazzed about the place. Beth, it is not sooooo long.  I wish it could be shorter, but when we discussed what we wanted for our wedding day and honeymoon, <strong>we realized we could comfortably budget for that year.</strong>  I have been unemployed for a few months and am just starting part time work in a few weeks.  Planning a little farther out will prevent a strain on our relationship resulting from financial concerns.  For now, it gives us something to plan for and look forward to!
    Posted by RWS2011[/QUOTE]

Good job being responsible about your budget and planning!!  And congrats on finding a venue!!
  • Options
    Congrats!! The place looks amazing! Hope your job goes well!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards