June 2012 Weddings

Invitation Opinions Needed

I found these today on Etsy and fell in love. Thanksfully, my mom loves them too! What do you ladies think?

The current plan is to do RSVP post cards and a reception card. Is that enough? Am I missing something?

TIA!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Invitation Opinions Needed

• Love them. I just did a reception card and response card along with the invite. I don't think an accomodations card is necessary when it's on our website. Are you doing plated dinners?
  • edited December 2011
    Oh! I really like the script font. Pretty!
    I haven't even thought about invitations (eek!) so I'm no help in what should be included.
    A+K
    "Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire."
    --St. Catherine of Siena
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_invitation-opinions-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0e813bce-5f88-43f2-ac24-07394de737dfPost:74ef3484-3a65-4733-ac4c-d1c9d8f21ee3">Re: Invitation Opinions Needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love them. I just did a reception card and response card along with the invite. I don't think an accomodations card is necessary when it's on our website. Are you doing plated dinners?
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

Nope- heavy hors d'ouevres only. :) (which I will include on the reception card so people aren;t expecting dinner)

If I decide to do a website and phone number instead of RSVP post cards, can that information go right on the reception card?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_invitation-opinions-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0e813bce-5f88-43f2-ac24-07394de737dfPost:469e1ff9-47ba-48f4-bf3c-8facb7c50106">Re: Invitation Opinions Needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Invitation Opinions Needed : Nope- heavy hors d'ouevres only. :) (which I will include on the reception card so people aren;t expecting dinner) If I decide to do a website and phone number instead of RSVP post cards, can that information go right on the reception card?
    Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]
    Ok I was gonna suggest the way I'm doing response cards because it's really simple to tell who's eating what but nevermind haha. And phone number for RSVPs? I would probably just do old school and have them mail it in because I personally get nervous talking on the phone sometimes and put it off and I'd hate for people to put it off and delay you
  • Love those!  Great find, Chelsea.
    imageimage
  • The wrong names are on these gorgeous invitations!! Haha, jk. Love them.

We're using a phone number RSVP and it's going right on the invitation. I think you can put it wherever you want.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_invitation-opinions-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0e813bce-5f88-43f2-ac24-07394de737dfPost:b1fb7987-9ece-40c9-995d-423109190193">Re: Invitation Opinions Needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Invitation Opinions Needed : Ok I was gonna suggest the way I'm doing response cards because it's really simple to tell who's eating what but nevermind haha. And phone number for RSVPs? I would probably just do old school and have them mail it in because I personally get nervous talking on the phone sometimes and put it off and I'd hate for people to put it off and delay you

Yeah there are automated services that do it for you- so the people calling done actually have to talk to anyone. We would have an email option too (which is what most people would do, but we figured we needed another option for older guests).  We havent decided for sure yet.... I am leaving it up to my mom!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_invitation-opinions-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0e813bce-5f88-43f2-ac24-07394de737dfPost:4fd1bba8-16e9-4cb0-a6f8-411818245618">Re: Invitation Opinions Needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]The wrong names are on these gorgeous invitations!! Haha, jk. Love them. We're using a phone number RSVP and it's going right on the invitation. I think you can put it wherever you want.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

Thanks for catching the wrong names... that would have been embarrassing huh! hahaha jk :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_invitation-opinions-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0e813bce-5f88-43f2-ac24-07394de737dfPost:e1c287d1-4c00-405e-8267-c16bc3ce6884">Re: Invitation Opinions Needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Invitation Opinions Needed : Yeah <strong>there are automated services that do it for you-</strong> so the people calling done actually have to talk to anyone. We would have an email option too (which is what most people would do, but we figured we needed another option for older guests).  We havent decided for sure yet.... I am leaving it up to my mom!
    Seriously?! I had no clue there were! Do you have to pay to use them?
  • Those are super cute Chelsea.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_invitation-opinions-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0e813bce-5f88-43f2-ac24-07394de737dfPost:4fab12e9-efeb-4a4a-89c2-453448a862a7">Re: Invitation Opinions Needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Invitation Opinions Needed : Seriously?! I had no clue there were! Do you have to pay to use them?

I haven't looked into it that much yet. Jess do you know??
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_invitation-opinions-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0e813bce-5f88-43f2-ac24-07394de737dfPost:b402fc2b-5e90-494f-9df3-a12cbe1b4ca1">Re: Invitation Opinions Needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Invitation Opinions Needed : I haven't looked into it that much yet. Jess do you know??
    That's pretty sweet though!
  • Yeah, you have to pay for the professional ones. I wish I could remember the name of the company my BFF told me about. It was actually the same or cheaper than envelopes, RSVP cards, stamps, etc.

We're just using our home phone number. Saving money and paper!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_invitation-opinions-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0e813bce-5f88-43f2-ac24-07394de737dfPost:6907c2ad-3e5f-4aa0-8b3a-3acc46cb6bba">Re: Invitation Opinions Needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, you have to pay for the professional ones. I wish I could remember the name of the company my BFF told me about. It was actually the same or cheaper than envelopes, RSVP cards, stamps, etc. We're just using our home phone number. Saving money and paper!
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

We were thinking of listing my parents home number (I only have a cell phone) but putting it second (behind the email address) so that most people use the email address.
  • LOVE these invitations... great find Chelsea!
  • Chelsea I love these! Who is the etsy seller?  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 309 Invited so far!
    image 142 Are ready to party!
    image 125 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are driving me crazy!
  • These are cute Chelsea!!  Great find :)
    Photobucket
  • Awesome! I almost got the same ones- but I didn't. haha I'm also doing a postcard RSVP.  I'm ordering the invitation, reception card, RSVP postcard and accommodations.  I think what you're ordering is enough though.
  • We doing our invitation with a response card and reception card - so the same as you. We're having a plated dinner, but we're just having a duo plate, so no choices. 

Those are really pretty too! I've never heard of doing a telephone RSVP for a wedding...I would be one of those people that put off making the call. 
  • I've seen those on etsy and I love them!
  • Oooo those are very nice!  I think you're good with the RSVP and reception card.  Great find!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Yeah.. I HATE talking on the phone so I would be one to not call.  Also, I think I'd be nervous if I couldn't make it.
  • I LOVE those!  If I didn't have ours mostly designed already I would have to steal that. 

I'm with Kelsey, if I had to call I'd procrastinate on it just because I don't really like talking on the phone.  If that works for your guests though go for it.
  • Those are the ones I based mine off of. Just saying

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_invitation-opinions-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0e813bce-5f88-43f2-ac24-07394de737dfPost:26b834f5-84ae-465a-9a56-1be07b5a0efd">Invitation Opinions Needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I found these today on Etsy and fell in love. Thanksfully, my mom loves them too! What do you ladies think? The current plan is to do RSVP post cards and a reception card. Is that enough? Am I missing something? TIA!!

I love those!!  Actually we are deciding between those invitations and another set on etsy that are similar.  I just loved that the font was the focus of the invite!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2012 April Siggy Challenge: Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Here is the etsy dealer <-- clicky
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards