• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Food and Cakes

Wedding Cake Alternative - Several Cakes

Hi All,

I'm planning a casual wedding in my parent's backyard this summer.  Buffet style.  The food will be inside, while guests will be outside under tent.  Instead of having a traditional wedding cake, I want to have a dessert bar, with several cakes.  How would you handle the traditional cake cutting if you have this set-up?  I was not sure how I was going to handle it even if I had a normal wedding cake since the food will be inside.   I am trying to save $$$ with out  cheaping out on quality - and several cakes ends up being very doable.  Any ideas/thoughts would be super appreciated!  Thanks!
Suzanne

Re: Wedding Cake Alternative - Several Cakes

• edited December 2011
    What I am doing, since FI and I aren't too fond of cake, is get a smaller cake, or faux cake, and cut that. Then, have 10-15 cheesecakes on display for everyone to eat! SOo, that's an idea!
  • AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    You could display the "cutting cake"  above or apart from all the other cakes, then arrange them around the table so yours is the centerpiece - have a cake topper or whatever on it. 

Another idea would be to have your cake buffet set up inside, with your cake to cut hidden out of view.  At the appropriate time, have someone bring it outside to where your guests are seated and you could cut the cake in front of everyone. 

HTH
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards