Wedding Etiquette Forum

How long did it take you to make it up the aisle?

Random question, I know, but I'm trying to figure timing out. I absolutely LOVE this song (clicky) but know that there's no way it's going to take me 3 minutes to walk maybe 100 yards. So...do I shorten it, or just let the whole thing play? It's a gorgeous, gorgeous song, I'd be sad to shorten it

Re: How long did it take you to make it up the aisle?

• What kind of venue are you going to be using for the ceremony?
    Photobucket
  • Oh yeah, shorten it. 3 minutes will seem like an eternity. Promise.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • It is super pretty though. I love that song.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Kelly, this is it:

• It all depends on whether or not my dad is walking you.  When my dad walks, you "make good time".

• Yeah...I'm thinking maybe at the 1:45 mark? That's still a little bit long, but it gets in the chorus
  • I was just wondering if there was a way to let the song play for a minute or so before you 'appear'?  If that makes sense.  At one of my friends weddings last summer, the song started playing for a bit, and everyone was standing, looking towards the back.  After a bit, they opened the 2 huge doors and she was standing there with her dad - it was really pretty.  
    Photobucket
  • Ha, Banana, mine too. Rick complains that I walk too fast, but we had to when I was little to keep up w/ my parents
  • I'm worried about that with my song, too. Can you start it before your walk and let it get to 15 or 20 seconds before you actually start down the aisle?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_long-did-up-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:246b8505-0bcf-422e-b4d5-57622a7e3030Post:75cab97b-d039-4938-942f-2d68da5cb1b7">Re: How long did it take you to make it up the aisle?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was just wondering if there was a way to let the song play for a minute or so before you 'appear'?  If that makes sense.  At one of my friends weddings last summer, the song started playing for a bit, and everyone was standing, looking towards the back.  After a bit, they opened the 2 huge doors and she was standing there with her dad - it was really pretty. 
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's a good idea too.
  • My bparty walked into Can't Help Falling in Love....wish I had THAT version!  SO pretty!

But I agree with PP...have it play a bit and then walk.

It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The song I want to play is 5+ mins so what I think I'm going to do is have the BP walk down to the beginning of it and at the instrumental interlude/key change is when everyone will stand and wait for the doors to open for me.  I'll probably have it play for a few seconds once I'm up there and then fade out. There might be some editing out of a verse or two as well.  I haven't gotten all the logistics down yet, but I have time.
    Anniversary
  • Couldn't you cut the beginning of it and then fade it in so that you're walking to your favorite point in the song?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Fred13Fred13 member
    First Comment
    I'm also walking to a longer song ("home" by edward sharpe and the magnetic zeros) and plan to start the walk on the second chorus. We ARE cutting a hefty chunk out of the end. What will mainly suck up the time is when the bridesmaids are walking before me. Count out your song depending on how many maids you have. Give them ample time if you need to. This will not only make the wait for your grand entrance seem bearable, but it also gives the girls their own moment and all the guests to appreciate the overall dress appeal and such.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_long-did-up-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:246b8505-0bcf-422e-b4d5-57622a7e3030Post:7a3ceb90-fa0f-4228-b3bc-25839b724d18">Re: How long did it take you to make it up the aisle?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The song I want to play is 5+ mins so what I think I'm going to do is have the BP walk down to the beginning of it and at the instrumental interlude/key change is when everyone will stand and wait for the doors to open for me.  I'll probably have it play for a few seconds once I'm up there and then fade out. There might be some editing out of a verse or two as well.  I haven't gotten all the logistics down yet, but I have time.
    Posted by shortee426[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I'm doing. I think we can set all the parents and godparents and have the BP go before I walk during the last chorus, which has a big buildup. Then I only need to pick one song!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm having my DJ/Friend (he volunteered) come to the chapel in the next couple of weeks to get an idea of how long the song should be. It's a small chapel, so it's definitely not going to take long. He will probably remix the song so it's shorter with a beginning, middle, and end.
    planning

• I love that song but that would probably be my least favorite arrangement of it.
  • LD1970LD1970 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_long-did-up-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:246b8505-0bcf-422e-b4d5-57622a7e3030Post:a57e7ae7-4db1-4f48-bbb7-11daf4677ffe">Re: How long did it take you to make it up the aisle?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love that song but that would probably be my least favorite arrangement of it.
    Posted by skippylouwho[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, I'm kinda with you.  I hate it when people mess with Elvis (unless it's f'rinstance the Little Richard versions of songs that LR did first anyway).  I couldn't get past 21 seconds before I had to turn it off.
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
  • you can ask your DJ to remix it to be shorter. also, ditto playing it for a little while before you actually start walking. both of these are what I did with my processional song, because it was very long.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • I think I made it up the aisle freakishly fast.  The song had barely started.  I guess maybe that's why I should have done a rehearsal.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards