California-Los Angeles

UGH!!!!! My event coordinator has been laid off!

I called to ask her a question today and some other dude answers and tells me she's been laid off, "but don't worry I was just looking at your file and was about to call you because your wedding is just five weeks away and you are my most important bride." he tells me. 

So I say, "Okay, well...let's confirm a few details..."

And he says, "Okay, let me open your file..." and that takes him like two minutes.  I THOUGHT YOU WERE JUST ABOUT TO CALL ME!??? 

Oh yeah, and he doesn't know what food we picked so we have to go do the tasting again because it's been three months since we chose the apps and the side dishes, and he knows nothing about the venue waiving the cork fee and he knows nothing about NOTHING!!!!!!

/vent

Re: UGH!!!!! My event coordinator has been laid off!

• edited December 2011

yikes, hang in there! sending good vibes >>>>>>>>>>

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no.  Sending out good vibes.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Oh no I am so sorry that happened to you.  They should have informed you of this instead of when you called them to talk to her.   That totally sucks about your menu choices too I wonder why they weren't written down in your file.  Maybe the bright side to that is you get to have delicious food again. 
  • edited December 2011
    I said event coordinator but i meant my venue coordinator.  My DOC has offered to go to the new tasting we have scheduled next week to play the heavy and make sure they give me everything my previous contact had promised.  She rocks.  I'm really nervous about this.  Thanks for the vibes!
  • Mellie35Mellie35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry. That sucks. Also, I am really sad. You are talking about Kim, right? I love her. She was so nice.

I am sure everything will be okay. I think it is a great venue and it will all work out.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, Kim.  She and I clicked so well.  I really love her and would have had her as a guest at my wedding if I could.

• edited December 2011
    I just found out they laid her off last Friday.  They've had almost a full week to notify me and I had to find out when I called asking for her.  That doesn't really bode well from my point of view :(
  • Mellie35Mellie35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. They should have contacted you sooner, especially considering how close your wedding is.

Be strong and make sure they honor everything that Kim had set up for you. I would think she would have kept good notes.
  • edited December 2011
    OMG hang in there - you are sooo fortunate you have an amazing DOC!
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thats awfull, I am sorry you are having to deal with this.   Hopefully things will go well with your next meeting.
  • edited December 2011
    That sucks!  Sending good knottie vibes your way!  I hope it all works out!
  • edited December 2011
    That really sucks! sending knottie vibes your way :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards