Attire & Accessories Forum

Where to find Convertible Bridesmaids Dresses (NOT jersey material)

I really like the idea of convertible dresses for my BMs, but it seems like they are all made of jersey material, which is not flattering on all shapes and sizes.

Where can I find convertible dresses in different fabrics?

9-10-11 .... IX-X-XI Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where to find Convertible Bridesmaids Dresses (NOT jersey material)

• edited April 2011
    I'm pretty sure all the convertible dress you'll find will be made in some sorth of thinner, stretch material similar to that of jersey. Because of the style of the dres, you need sometihng lighter that will stand up to being manipulated so that it can be worn so many different ways. The downfall of this is that as you stated it is not flattering on all body types.

Why don't you just choose a color and length of dress and have your ladies pick out their own dress, which will flatter their body types?

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• I know this isn't a convertible dress, but if you're interested in having all the bridesmaids look cohesive, but still different, DB has a convertible top:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Browse_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Personalize-Your-Party-6-Ways-To-Tie-The-Knot?categoryId=3001921
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree w/Casey...any convertible dress I've ever seen is jersey.  I'm not sure any other fabric would have enough "give".

I second the idea of picking a length and color then letting BMs pick the style.
  • I have a non-jersey convertible dress, but it is still stretchy and would not be flattering on everyone.  Mine is Butter By Nadia.

Like PP said, it has to be stretchy and flexible to be able to do the different styles.
  • A company called Nuova Vita makes convertible bridesmaid dresses but in a stretch satin, its a nice fabric and not a jersey.  www.nuovavita.com.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards