New Jersey - South

Beach location ideas

Hi Everyone,
   I am so overwhelmed with looking for my venue right now so I thought I would ask everyone for their help! I am currently looking for a beach ceremony in Stone Harbor, LBI, Sea Isale, or Cape May. With that I am also looking for my reception. What I would like out of the reception place is to provide somewhere for a plan B if it is raining. Does anyone have any ideas for a place like this? We recently looked at the Grand Hotel in Cape May & I loved it, but my finace wasnt so thrilled! So if anyone is fimilair with that hotel I am looking for something exctly like that! Also I like the Sea Shell at LBI but most of my family is from North Wilwood and Cape May so I am trying not to have everyone travel so far. What I loved mostly abou these places is the fact that the beach was right across the street! It wasnt two seprate venues, it was all one! PLEASE HELP with IDEAS! 

Re: Beach location ideas

• OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend trying the Windrift in Avalon.  They have weddings there, but I'm not sure if you can have a ceremony on the beach. 
  • PHughes819PHughes819 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had looked at the Sea Shell but it just seemed like the cost was too much for what wasnt included.
  • edited December 2011
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did they say per person? They won't email prices but we are out if state & dont want to drive down there & not even be able to afford it.
  • PHughes819PHughes819 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

A year ago they gave us the price of $170 a person and didnt include cake or chair fee's for ceremony

• mlm629mlm629 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on the beach in Ocean City. I also looked at the Grand Hotel. I loved it, but Ocean City is where my heart is. We are getting married on the beach and then having our reception at the Flanders Hotel. I just went to a bridal expo there and the food is out of this world! Plus they have 2 assistants to plan your day with you. Where else are you looking?
  • Jaqcap17Jaqcap17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Windrift does do weddings on the beach....I went to one there a few years back.
  • thechelseathechelsea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Chelsea Hotel in Atlantic City offers Beach ceremonies, if you would consider traveling to Atlantic City for your wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    We actually look at the Flaunders hotel too! My only fear is if it rains will they hold the cermony indoors? Do they offer a plan B? We also looked at the wildwood convention center because it was the cheapest I found out there. I just dont want to get married on wildwood beach & I dont think that the convention center would set up for a cermony if it rained
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards