California-Los Angeles

Q on wedding websites

Hello,

I am creating my wedding website via Wordpress, but was wondering if there were any benefits of creating one through a wedding-related portal like mywedding.com or weddingwire.com?

Re: Q on wedding websites

• edited December 2011
    Not really...those websites are there for people who don't know how to set up and host their own wordpress blog. Some of my friends are using them and some are making their own....its up to your knowledge base. 
    Good luck with the site!
    Melissa
  • RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Wedding Channel.

Pros
    -You can chose a charity to make a donation
    If your guests purchase a gift from your registries that are connected with Wedding Channel, they will make a donation to the charity of your choice (without any additional charge to you or your guests). I just thought that was a nice thing.
    -I assumed it would be easy to find based on my experiences being a guest at other people's weddings. I knew to go to Wedding Channel or The Knot to search for a website and/or registry info.
    Unfortunately despite the fact that we included the link on our STD's, many people still asked me for information that was on the website. But I think a lot of that is the way we did our STD's (and perhaps that many of our guests were older).

Cons
    I was not very happy with their lack of customer service---the ability to contact anyone when I had problems with their site (and when I finally found an e-mail address, I never received a response). The problems weren't major, but it WAS annoying and I was frustrated when I couldn't get help.
  • edited December 2011
    I created mine through theknot.com and it was actually really easy, and free. I guess it depends on what you want to do with your website. I think with websites you create yourself you have more freedom but other ones are hosted and therefore free and simple to put together.
    to love is to be two, and yet one. A man and a woman blended as angels. Heaven itself... - Victor Hugo Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I did mine through www.ewedding.com - They have a free option as well as a more indepth coverage option which will cost you less than $10 per month. I found that one to be best for my needs. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards