Honeymoon Discussions

Ladies who have gone/will go to Aruba

FI and I are heading there for the first time in a few weeks for our HM.  Any things we must do or places we must go?  Any places to avoid?  Any info you have would be great, TIA! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ladies who have gone/will go to Aruba

• edited August 2010
    We had an amazing dinner on the beach with our feet in the water at the Flying FishBone. We rented a car for the day which was much cheaper than paying for a taxi and then used the car to take us back to the airport. We did the snorkel trip to the German sunken ship which was amazing and so much fun! We also did horseback riding and the Jeep tour which I would recommend. Even though we did an AI we took a few nights to go out to dinner since there are a lot of restaurants. However many of them are pretty pricey.  We also enjoyed Texas de Brazil which was definitely worth the money. Have a great Honeymoon!
  • If you and FI like steak, El Gaucho is a must. Madame Jeanettes was very good and the Flying Fishbone is really nice and romantic.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am currently loving Aruba as our top choice for our HM.  I have heard some great things about it.  I think the natural bridge is a must see too...from what I've read.

Good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_ladies-gonewill-aruba?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:e798a689-5e18-4aa7-a554-5c92f8565bd1Post:744173f3-9e78-47fb-8c80-76c4358c4329">Re: Ladies who have gone/will go to Aruba</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am currently loving Aruba as our top choice for our HM.  I have heard some great things about it.  I think the natural bridge is a must see too...from what I've read. Good luck!
    Posted by mandaroo7[/QUOTE]

Just as an fyi, If you do the Jeep tour it stops off at the natural bridge. It was a really cool site and we got some great pictures!
  • We tookt he Sunset Cruise and Dinner through De Palm..it was beautiful!
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am considering aruba for our 8/11 wedding, since it is the most less likely place to have a hurricane. I hear it has desert like scenery is this true? Does anyone have a good all inclusive place to recommend?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_ladies-gonewill-aruba?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:e798a689-5e18-4aa7-a554-5c92f8565bd1Post:45b3aebe-57f6-4132-85b5-c5e77d8fef47">Re: Ladies who have gone/will go to Aruba</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am considering aruba for our 8/11 wedding, since it is the most less likely place to have a hurricane. I hear it has desert like scenery is this true? Does anyone have a good all inclusive place to recommend?
    Posted by phillies10[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is true. There was not a lot of tropical flowers or lush scenery. There were a lot of cactus. We were told this is because they don't get a lot of rain so it's hard for things to grow. We stayed at the Riu Palace.
  • Thanks for all the advise!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hope this thread gets bumped to the top because I need advice too! FI and I are going to Aruba.  We are leaving from Chicago and  there are no non-stop flights to Aruba. FI wants to leave at 545am the morning after the wedding so we don't loose a day traveling and arrive in Aruba in that evening. I think this is crazy.  I don't care too much about waking up early because we can sleep on the plane, but here will be things that I want to make sure are taken care of the morning after the wedding, ie my dress.

What did other people do? What time did you leave?
  • I'm a second tie bride and went to Aruba for my honeymoon in 2007. We stayed at Divi Divi. It was all inclusive and pretty nice. i recommend doing the horseback riding trip. We also did the bar hopping crazy kukukanuku trip and it was a blast...but you have to be openminded and not be stuffy. I've heard some reviews of it and they didn't enjoy it....i recommend renting a jeep and going to the flying fish...it's in kinda of a wierd area, but it's beautiful!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards