Not Engaged Yet

New Year's Resolutions?

Hi girls!  It's that time again...where everyone dreams up how they will improve themselves in the new year.

So, questions for you all:

1.  What is/are your New Year's Resolution(s)?

2.  Do you have any constantly recurring resolutions?

3.  What do you think the likelihood is of keeping your resolutions?

4.  What resolution, or goal, of 2012 are you most proud of achieving?

Re: New Year's Resolutions?

• I'll start!

1.  My New Year's Resolutions are:

-Exercise more
    -Stop biting my nails
    -Find a job in higher education
    -Start volunteering once a week
    -Be more positive
    -Have more sex

2,  My recurring resolutions are:

-Exercise more
    -Stop biting my nails

3.  Well, exercise waxes and wanes for me...so I doubt I'll be a supermodel by next year at this time.  My goal is just to be more healthy about it. 

And I've bitten my nails since I could chew.  I stop biting them when I get consistent, regular manicures...I'll do my best.  The rest of my resolutions I plan on definitely achieving.

4.  I am proud of figuring out what I want the next phase of my life to look like.  After leaving law school, I was really unsure and confused.  Now I know that I don't want kids in the next few years.  I know that I'm really content in my marriage and we can just enjoy each other for now.  I know that I definitely want to go back and get a Master's and I want to get into Higher Education for at LEAST the next 5 years or so.  Now it's just a matter of getting my foot in the door.

• 1. What is/are your New Year's Resolution(s)?
    -maintain a healthy diet, more plant-based foods, less sugar and processed items
    -continue to hit the gym 4-5 times per week

2. Do you have any constantly recurring resolutions?
    -see above :)

3. What do you think the likelihood is of keeping your resolutions?
    -fairly likely, as I have to wear my wedding dress in June

4. What resolution, or goal, of 2012 are you most proud of achieving?
    -paying down lots of little debts
    -continuing to hit the gym 4-5 times per week

That all sounds pretty boring.  Oh well.  :)
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2012

I don't know if I have any. It has been awhile since I have officially set them... I do have some wants for 2013. I want to make my first baby.
    I also want to travel with H. Last year we were saving for the house and wedding, and didn't take trips like we have in the past. I want to plan some trips for us.
    I also want to give better Christmas gifts next year.

Lately, it has been the "Do better next Christmas" thing. I even have a google doc with notes from the last 3 Christmases.
    And I have to go ahead and say this is the very first year I have really wanted a baby. :)
    I can't recall the last real resolution I've had... I'm not one to keep promises to myself.

I really couldn't say. I think H thinks we'll start having kids in like 4 years. But I want to be on to creating kid two by then. Clearly I need to converse with the guy about it. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea myself.

I successfully got down to my lowest adult weight for the wedding. That sounds awful, but I REALLY wanted to be my smallest in those pictures. And I was.
  • 1.  What is/are your New Year's Resolution(s)?
    -find a workout routine that I don't get bored with and can realistically maintain
    -cut down on retail therapy/impulse shopping
    -work on the blog I started forever ago

-regular workouts

-I am most likely to stick with a routine if I can find something that doesn't bore me...and I wouldn't mind having an accountability buddy to kick my butt if I try to skip
    -I can realistically cut down on shopping if I just stop browsing Amazon all the damn time
    -I'm not sure how likely it is that I will work on my blog...I might be good for a week and then get bored with it because I have nothing interesting to say

-my goal was to enter into doctoral candidacy and I did it....I had all these lofty weight-loss goals that got de-railed with medical issues but I'm working on it now
    Anniversary
    Lose weight (like every year)
    Pay off my credit cards and keep my balances below $1000 TOTAL
    Either put a half bathroom upstairs or put up vinyl fencing outside.
    Treat myself to something nice once and a while.
    Keep up with my manicures.

Lose weight lol.

I did really good the beginning of the year with the weight loss thing, then I slacked off.  I'm going to be way more accountable next year.

Buying my first home
    Moving in with BF
    Being more responsible money wise

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • 1. What is/are your New Year's Resolution(s)?
    To enjoy the now more and be happy
    To become better at cooking/meal planning
    Stick to a work out plan

2. Do you have any constantly recurring resolutions?
    I always have a resolution to enjoy the now and to try sticking to a workout plan

3. What do you think the likelihood is of keeping your resolutions?
    I would say 70%

4. What resolution, or goal, of 2012 are you most proud of achieving?
    BF & I are taking the next steps in our relationship together, we moved in and are buying a home.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-years-resolutions-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6c2b4bbd-9539-4071-85ff-4ff928f612f1Post:8d114812-2193-4eea-a748-8f0988127bb3">Re: New Year's Resolutions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  What is/are your New Year's Resolution(s)? I don't know if I have any. It has been awhile since I have officially set them... I do have some wants for 2013.<strong> I want to make my first baby.</strong> I also want to travel with H. Last year we were saving for the house and wedding, and didn't take trips like we have in the past. I want to plan some trips for us. I also want to give better Christmas gifts next year. 2.  Do you have any constantly recurring resolutions? Lately, it has been the "Do better next Christmas" thing. I even have a google doc with notes from the last 3 Christmases. And I have to go ahead and say this is the very first year I have really wanted a baby. :) I can't recall the last real resolution I've had... I'm not one to keep promises to myself. 3.  What do you think the likelihood is of keeping your resolutions? I really couldn't say. I think H thinks we'll start having kids in like 4 years. But I want to be on to creating kid two by then. Clearly I need to converse with the guy about it. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea myself. 4.  What resolution, or goal, of 2012 are you most proud of achieving? I successfully got down to my lowest adult weight for the wedding. That sounds awful, but I REALLY wanted to be my smallest in those pictures. And I was.
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

I like this

Anniversary

Every year I say I want to lose weight but, I am good up until February then boom, back to being lazy. So my goal this year is to work out 4-5 times a week and then eat healthier so I feel better about myself. Even if I only lose 5 lbs the whole year, it's being active that will be better in the long run instead of constantly obsessing over the number on the scale.

Losing weight, and saving money.

I think good. BF is really on board with being more active and eating healthy so I know we won't be tempted to go out to dinner all the time or eat take out. Plus, it seems a lot of the ladies on here will help since I know a few of you are doing WW and I signed up again on the online program.

My goal was to graduate by December of this year and take on more course work to be able to do so. I achieved that and made honor roll twice, so I'm pretty happy about that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2012
    eat less processed foods;
    keep the house free of clutter so I don't stress out all the time about a dirty house (aka, implement a 10-20 minute "pick up" session at the end of the day)
    continue to exercise and eat less processed foods
    5K.  I will do it this year!
    try a new work out technique
    eat more of what I grow in my garden
    waste less food
    simplify life: cut down on commitments, throw away junk, just clean up life in general
    go back to school!
    less negative thinking
    take my vitamins (sigh)
    pay down at least $13,000 on the student loans.

usually it's to "lose weight", but this year I'm adapting it to eat less processed foods and exercise consistently.

pretty good...  I think they are really attainable for the most part.  it seems like a lot, but nothing like "lose 25 lbs!".  I think they are more lifestyle changes that need to be made.  FWIW, I am not waiting for the new year to start.  no better time than the present.  the only one I worry about is the student loan one, but as long as no big unexpected expenses come up we should be okay!

I exercised fairly consistently for the first time in my adult life.  I'm really proud of that.  we also gave up a lot of processed foods and white flour this year. 
    Weight loss is my biggest New Year's resolution. I'm planning on getting a personal trainer so I feel some accountability for going to the gym and eating right.

I also have a rather long list of books I want to read next year. I love reading but I let school get in the way of it a lot.

Unfortunately weight loss seems to always top the list. I'm hoping this is the year I reach my goal.

I'm feeling really good about them this year.

Starting grad. school was a big accomplishment for me this year. It's been quite the experience and I've hated it some of the time but it's one step closer to getting my dream job so I'm grateful for it.

I also lost 20 lbs. this year. I could've done better but I believe it's important to always acknowledge (and be proud of) what you accomplished even if it wasn't as much as you had hoped.

•  1.  What is/are your New Year's Resolution(s)?

-Start going to the gym

-Finish Harry Potter in German (I discovered a new way how to translate with my kindle!  I am elated)

-Try new recipes

-Work on my French

-Be a good wife

-Be a better Christian

-Be a better person

Probably the last two on my list

Slim on the gym one but I am going to try.  The other I think I can manage

4.  What resolution, or goal, of 2012 are you most proud of achieving

I kicked ass taking 20 quarter units.  Everyone thought I was crazy but I came out with 4 A’s and a B+.  Take that doubters!  

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-years-resolutions-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6c2b4bbd-9539-4071-85ff-4ff928f612f1Post:b7f6e092-0b39-4c89-b896-de5af2224560">Re: New Year's Resolutions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Year's Resolutions? : I like this
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

;D
  • Jen- there are so many of my friends having babies now, it's crazy.  I love hearing about that. Yay babies!
    Raven- can we work on French together?

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-years-resolutions-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6c2b4bbd-9539-4071-85ff-4ff928f612f1Post:a3bbb21e-0b91-4117-9c2e-19943e10ce4e">Re: New Year's Resolutions?</a>:
    [QUOTE] 1.  What is/are your New Year's Resolution(s)? -Start going to the gym -Finish Harry Potter in German (I discovered a new way how to translate with my kindle!  I am elated) -Try new recipes -Work on my French -Be a good wife -Be a better Christian -Be a better person 2.  Do you have any constantly recurring resolutions? Probably the last two on my list 3.  What do you think the likelihood is of keeping your resolutions? Slim on the gym one but I am going to try.  The other I think I can manage 4.  What resolution, or goal, of 2012 are you most proud of achieving<strong> I kicked ass taking 20 quarter units.  Everyone thought I was crazy but I came out with 4 A’s and a B+.  Take that doubters!  </strong>
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

Way to go Ray! That's awesome!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-years-resolutions-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6c2b4bbd-9539-4071-85ff-4ff928f612f1Post:0cd78a4c-b653-4d53-8577-e63e559d8b1b">Re: New Year's Resolutions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jen- there are so many of my friends having babies now, it's crazy.  I love hearing about that. Yay babies! <strong>Raven- can we work on French together?</strong>
    Yes!  We can skype!  Actually that would be super awesome.  Send me your cell number on Fb so we can set up a time! <3<div>Beth-  Thank you! I am super proud of myself. </div><div>Jen- YAYA for babies!  I have this super awesome card to give to the next NEY to get prego.  So someone get knocked up! </div>
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Sounds good! Just a warning my french is awful. Any good refresher book reccomendations?

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-years-resolutions-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6c2b4bbd-9539-4071-85ff-4ff928f612f1Post:c28c7ad3-65c0-479b-9af5-a167c20b0fd2">Re: New Year's Resolutions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sounds good! Just a warning my french is awful. Any good refresher book reccomendations?
    Haha don't worry.  Half the time I can only think of the German word anyways.  Hmmm I love my French textbook and I have Harry Potter in French plus a couple of other things.  We could work something out. 

Married! May 27th, 2012

I have two running related goals.  Run a half marathon and run 500 miles in 2013.  I would also like to get better at budgeting.

Lose weight. 

Pretty good.  Especially the running related goals; I want to look hot in my wedding photos.

Last year I made the goal to run an average of one mile a day.  I am at 361 miles, only 5 more miles to go in the next 3 days (I need 366 because it was a leap year).  Super excited about actually following through on this goal! 

This wasn't a resolution or anything, but I got a promotion at work this year and I was super proudd of myself! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-years-resolutions-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6c2b4bbd-9539-4071-85ff-4ff928f612f1Post:e6915f18-1ba5-400e-ac40-983aab2e3990">Re: New Year's Resolutions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll start! 1.  My New Year's Resolutions are: -Exercise more -Stop biting my nails -Find a job in higher education -Start volunteering once a week -Be more positive <strong>-Have more sex</strong> 2,  My recurring resolutions are: -Exercise more -Stop biting my nails 3.  Well, exercise waxes and wanes for me...so I doubt I'll be a supermodel by next year at this time.  My goal is just to be more healthy about it.  And I've bitten my nails since I could chew.  I stop biting them when I get consistent, regular manicures...I'll do my best.  The rest of my resolutions I plan on definitely achieving. 4.  I am proud of figuring out what I want the next phase of my life to look like.  After leaving law school, I was really unsure and confused.  Now I know that I don't want kids in the next few years.  I know that I'm really content in my marriage and we can just enjoy each other for now.  I know that I definitely want to go back and get a Master's and I want to get into Higher Education for at LEAST the next 5 years or so.  Now it's just a matter of getting my foot in the door.
    Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Is that even possible?? </div>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to New Year's Resolutions?:
    Hi girls!  It's that time again...where everyone dreams up how they will improve themselves in the new year. So, questions for you all:
    To exercise more
    To actually cook/make my lunches instead of going out.
    To keep a food diary so I can figure out what else is making me sick.
    To not eat stuff that will make me sick./Be healthy.
    To cut back on my caffeine.
    To write more.
    To read more.

To cut back on my caffiene.
    To excercise more.
    About 50%. I think I will stick to some of them more than others.
    I've already cut back quite a bit on my caffeine intake. I've achieved some personal goals at work. 

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • 1.  What is/are your New Year's Resolution(s)? Lose my last 30 pounds of baby weight and "rediscover" myself.

2.  Do you have any constantly recurring resolutions? It's usually to get in better shape and stop biting my nails.

3.  What do you think the likelihood is of keeping your resolutions? I think I'll do well this year.  I'm super motivated.

4.  What resolution, or goal, of 2012 are you most proud of achieving? I resolved to "live in the moment" when the baby arrived and I think I did/am doing a realy great job with it.  I try to enjoy every moment and not wish the time away. :)

image image

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  
    <3 Lots o' love to my Labor Buddies mommynpink & alliebooberz <3

Wedding Countdown Ticker

I *really* love Pinterest!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards