Illinois

IL Caterer Suggestions? Help!

My fiance and I are getting married next July and we are currently looking for a caterer for our reception at the Newberry Library in downtown Chicago. 

We're both in grad school right now and have a pretty modest budget--we're hoping to spend no more than $10,000 on food in total (including labor, non-alcoholic beverages, etc...). We will be providing our own liquor. 

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on which Chicago-area (city or suburbs) caterers with good food we can look into that are within our budget range? 

Any info you might have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: IL Caterer Suggestions? Help!

• edited December 2011
    How many people do you need to feed for $10,000?  We are using Stefani's Signature Events and they have been wonderful!  They are totally working within our budget and their food is fabulous! 
  • edited December 2011
    Well at the point I posted we were planning on 100 people. Somehow the guest list has increased so that budget is now out the window! Thanks for the recommendation for Stefani's Signature Events though. I will look into it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

My Fiance is African and we are using caterers in Chicago that do African food but could probably do other food as well.  The rates I am getting are awesome too-$15 a person for a buffet.  They are the "dynamic duo".  They are on facebook but their website is not up.  Their English is good.

• call Legendary Catering, they are out of Mount Prospect & have been in business for 20 years...they are DELICIOUS!! they can do any kind of food. i've used them for a few events and the food & service has been out of this world. i put their link below, honestly, they are the best! they will work harder than anyone to fit everything possible into your budget to give you the best value. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards