Snarky Brides

lunch time and a petpeeve

I'm having a salad, with shreded turkey on top, it's pretty yummy,

what's everyone else having for lunch?

It drives me nuts when people wear obnoxoius perfume at work, or use scented products, makes my allergies and headaches go into overdrive!

Re: lunch time and a petpeeve

• I'm in a doctor's office and I'm exposed to a plethora of perfume/scents.  I'm surprised the doc hasn't gone scent-free yet since I am allergic to anything that's overpowering.  Most of our female patients wear some scent, but there's a few that are just downright over the top.

Lunch is pita bread and cucumber sandwich.
  • That sounds yummy marrin!

It also drives me insane when people are all woe is me, if i'm not the center of attention all the time the world is going to end and I'm just going to die.

haha- facebook post agravated me

OH and when people don't take responsibility for their actions

I'm on a roll today- cranky pants it is haha
  • My pet peeves pretty much ebb and flow but the one consistent one is the shopping carts & the people guiding them at the grocery.  Can't stand when the person's cart just sits in the middle of the aisle while they debate tomato pastes.  Or when a couple of people who know each other decide this is the perfect time to catch up on each other lives and block entire chunks of the store while doing so.  I guess it just boils down to basic politeness and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of that anymore. Frown
  • Marrin, it IS weird that your doc isn't scent free...

Lunch was leftover meatloaf and rice. Seriously yummy.

One of my pet peeves has to be grammatical errors on facebook posts. They make me both angry and sad, all at once. (the cart thing sucks too, btw)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lunch today will be a lunchable and a pudding and granola bar.
    I know it sounds like a sad lunch but I am excited to eat!

My pet peeve right now is the other Admin in the office getting married a week before me. being a jerk to me every day ever since she got engaged.
    I don't know why its necessary to be so rude all day but its bothering me today.

and also the person right next to me that has to play his music really loud all day...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • What does her getting married a week before you have to do with anything?
  • and I'm sorry she's being a Jerk!
  • I had a bagel with cream cheese for lunch.  Exciting, I know.

I have a lot of pet peeves, so I won't bore you with them all.  Haha. 
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Leftover honey sesame chicken and grits
  • B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013
    Lunch today is leftover chicken I made last night. I buy Perdue brand boneless skinless chicken breasts at Costco, uncooked and already frozen. In the packaging process they freeze them individually so that they don't stick together in the big bag they come in. So last night, I used that chicken, plus a can of diced tomatoes, splash or two of balsamic vinegar, plus herbs + spices and little olive oil all in a baking dish and cooked for about a half hour till chicken was cooked through. I topped the chicken with homemade green olive hummus that I have leftover from our party. It's delish. I've made it two nights in a row because I've been lazy and it's so simple to make. 

Pet peeve... gosh I have so many. Since Marrin has brought up the grocery store, it reminds me of how I feel like I'm the only one who has something do when I'm at the grocer store. It seems like I'm the only one walking a slighter fast pace, so that I can get my things, check out, and go home. Everyone else just seems like they're walking around all willy-nilly without a care in the world, walking slow and I have to weave my way around everyone. I'll also second everything Marrin said about grocery stores. ETA: And don't get me started about the people who use the self check out aisles, have no idea what they're doing, and have like 30 things.... 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lunch-time-and-a-petpeeve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:07193948-fd89-42df-a9a8-96d8bbd0aedePost:87c25847-d93b-4e44-821c-a91802337c87">Re: lunch time and a petpeeve</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lunch today is leftover chicken I made last night. I buy Perdue brand boneless skinless chicken breasts at Costco, uncooked and already frozen. In the packaging process they freeze them individually so that they don't stick together in the big bag they come in. So last night, I used that chicken, plus a can of diced tomatoes, splash or two of balsamic vinegar, plus herbs + spices and little olive oil all in a baking dish and cooked for about a half hour till chicken was cooked through.<strong> I topped the chicken with homemade green olive hummus that I have leftover from our party.</strong> It's delish. I've made it two nights in a row because I've been lazy and it's so simple to make.  Pet peeve... gosh I have so many. Since Marrin has brought up the grocery store, it reminds me of how I feel like I'm the only one who has something do when I'm at the grocer store. It seems like I'm the only one walking a slighter fast pace, so that I can get my things, check out, and go home. Everyone else just seems like they're walking around all willy-nilly without a care in the world, walking slow and I have to weave my way around everyone. I'll also second everything Marrin said about grocery stores. ETA: And don't get me started about the people who use the self check out aisles, have no idea what they're doing, and have like 30 things.... 
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Would you mind sharing the recipe for your green olive hummus?  I love hummus and I've made traditional hummus before, but never green olive.  I would love to try!

</div>
  • Speaking of food LLS- have you had any aversions to things you loved before pregnancy?
  • I'm having cabbage rolls for lunch, enjoying a rare lunch at home and getting caught up on school work.

It surprises me the cultural difference between Canada and the US when it comes to scents. I notice a huge number of people in the US still wear a lot of perfume (when i travel). Up here its actually really rare and tons of places are labelled as scent free. I have 4 bottles of really nice perfume that have been sitting there for years, because it never occurs to me to put it on.

Pet peeve of the day: People who take advantage of the fact that FI is a computer guy. And after he's nice enough to fix their computers for FREE in his spare time, blame him for other things that have gone wrong. "Well it wasn't doing that before....." ERG!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It has nothing to do it anything. I guess I was trying to explain her like you guys worked here and knew all the admins.

• lol, I was just curious lol.

Have you found out if they're keeping you premanently yet apple?
  • There is news this company might want to keep me!

they want me to make a resume and fill in their profile, they are going to help me with it tomorrow. so then i will just have to cross my fingers and wait!
  • woohoo! thats awesome!
  • I am super excited.
  • lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lunch-time-and-a-petpeeve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:07193948-fd89-42df-a9a8-96d8bbd0aedePost:b22c39aa-3b31-4d9c-ab35-12209f0dc322">Re: lunch time and a petpeeve</a>:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of food LLS- have you had any aversions to things you loved before pregnancy?
    Posted by brittany634[/QUOTE]

<div>Not to the point where I can't eat something.  But smells have been getting to me.  I had trouble with garlic a few weeks ago and broccoli the other day.  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lunch-time-and-a-petpeeve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:07193948-fd89-42df-a9a8-96d8bbd0aedePost:3d002826-733e-430e-8c63-9fcbe800e66e">Re: lunch time and a petpeeve</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: lunch time and a petpeeve : Would you mind sharing the recipe for your green olive hummus?  I love hummus and I've made traditional hummus before, but never green olive.  I would love to try!
    Posted by lls31[/QUOTE]

<div>If I had an exact recipe, I would share it, but I kinda winged it and I didn't exactly measure anything. I've made hummus a bunch times, so I've gotten the hang of rough proportions.</div><div>
    </div><div>So here's a rough estimate:</div><div>• 2 cans chick peas, drained</div><div>• 2-3 tablespoons of tahinni</div><div>• 1/3 cup of green olives</div><div>• 2-3 garlic cloves</div><div>• juice of one lemon</div><div>• ground cumin</div><div>• ground corriander</div><div>• small squirt of siracha</div><div>• black pepper</div><div>• olive oil</div><div>
    </div><div>This makes a lot. I made it for our party and wanted to have plenty of it, and we did. You can easily cut this recipe in half. The olives make this pretty salty, so don't add any salt to the mix unless you taste it at the end and decide it needs it.</div><div>
    </div><div>Before making it, I googled "green olive hummus," to roughly see how much olives I need. I based my recipe off of a combination of these two recipes:</div><div><a href="http://savourthesensesblog.com/green-olive-hummus/" rel="nofollow">http://savourthesensesblog.com/green-olive-hummus/</a></div><div><a href="http://greek.food.com/recipe/coriander-and-green-olive-hummus-recipe-423641" rel="nofollow">http://greek.food.com/recipe/coriander-and-green-olive-hummus-recipe-423641</a></div>
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Any news on F comig home?
  • Thanks Buzz!
  • LLS- I'm terrified when I get pregnant that I'm going to hate butter and garlic. lol
  • Over the past 8 hours, I devoured an entire box of Girl Scout cookies (with the exception of the two I ate last night).  I don't even blame the pregnancy.  These things are addictive!
  • haha I just ordered thin mints and somaos. :)
  • I had at friend that couldn't stand chicken while she was pregnant, it was a little crazy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards