Michigan-Grand Rapids

How was your weekend?

I think the general answer is "not long enough"!  But man, it couldn't get over with faste enough for me.  H was gone all week in Tokyo and had a HELL of a time getting back here.  His flight from Tokyo to Germany was delayed THREE HOURS which was just about the amount of time he had in between his Germany/Italy flight.  So, he magically makes it onto his next flight to find... it's delayed! AN HOUR! 

Oh man.  At least he made it home, right?  He wasn't a happy camper though.

Your turn!

Re: How was your weekend?

• edited December 2011
    Mine was better than expected!

On Saturday I went to a huge market we have downtown and the weather was gorgeous.  Later on i went to a spa party (like mary kay) and then went to a house party.  I met a lot of nice people, which is rare in DC.

Sunday I walked to the movie theatre and watched "It's Complicated" which i loved.  Good stuff. 

That sucks about your H's flights.  I hate flying because while it's convenient in some ways it is a huge pain in the keister in a lot of ways. 
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He is remarkably laid back about travel.  It actually makes me insane because he is SO  laid back.  Nothing bothers him about it, at all. lol
  • edited December 2011
    Yikes that is a long delay! I would be so stressed out if I had to travel a lot for work.

This weekend I watched a lot of NCAA basketball, and I'm very excited that MSU, Purdue and Washington all won! If any of those teams make it to the Final Four I'll be thrilled.

Also I ran an 8k (5 miles) Sunday morning here in Chicago called The Shamrock Shuffle - close to 30,000 people run it every year, it was a lot of fun and I finished under my goal time, so that was great. I might try a half marathon next, if I can get up the courage to register.
    Lindsey & John
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    275image 183image 92image
  • AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Lindz, my friend went to that!  I heard you poor runners had some not so pleasant weather, eh?
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah it was not great! I did it two years ago (although much slower) and last year I was signed up but skipped when we woke up to 6 inches of fresh snow.
    It actually wasn't too bad once we started running, but the waiting half an hour to cross the start line was a little brutal.

Thanks Amoro!
    Lindsey & John
  • jleigh1902jleigh1902 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It wasn't too shabby

FILs came to visit and we showed them our almost completed house! They haven't seen it in person at all so I think they enjoyed that. We also took them to our venue and it was fun to hear FMILs ideas about the ceremony. We also  had fun taking them to Craig's Cruisers! My mom would never ride go-karts! =)

FI and I pretty much vegged out on Sunday. It was nice =)
  • edited December 2011

Oh wow, Craigs Cruisers, that brings me back! (I haven't lived in GR for 9 years). Used to go there all the time for youth group and school events. Sounds like a fun weekend!

Lindsey & John
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards