Ohio-Columbus
Options

Upcoming bridal shows

OK the next big show in coming up in early January at Vets Memorial.

Who is planning to attend that show?
What vendors do you still need to get?
I know in the past there's been a Knottie meeting - maybe we could schedule one at that show?

Re: Upcoming bridal shows

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah. . . .. I forgot to answer my own questions.

I am going to the show for sure.  I did it last year, and it was nice but a bit overwhelming.  I don't know which day I will be attending.

I only need a few vendors still.  DJ   Photo booth  Decor  Cake  And I'm always looking for new ideas too!

So I am hoping that I can set up a few meetings while at this show!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I might be going, not sure. If I do it'll most likely be on Sunday.
  • Options
    sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i typically work weekends so i may not be going. if by some miracle i have off, i might go. i pretty much just need my wedding bands still, officiant, and that's it.

wow. i'm almost done. YES.

if i am there, i will totally do a knottie meeting. it would be lovely to meet you gals!
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi girls! I'm not planning to go, but I did go last year with a couple of my bridesmaids. It was totally worthwhile! I got a lot of great ideas and it was fun :) The fashion show was a little cheesy but really entertaining. There were more food/cake samples than you could count. We got sooo many brochures and samples that our bags weighed literlally like 15lbs when we left. And the best part? I won a free "weekend getaway" to a hotel (I forget which one now, ha) up at Polaris for Valentine's weekend! It was a great time. I recommend going!
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• Options
    Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm definately going. I went to the one in Dayton earlier this year. I think Saturday is the most likely day that I'm going.
    I don't really need much - just like to get ideas. I need to get hair and jewerly.  Would love to meet you girls!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am totally going on sat with my finace.
    He just got done with school so he hasnt actually had to time to do anything for the wedding so far except he showed up for our engagment photos.  LOL

he is excited to start helping and make some good and quick decision with me.
    I still need everything....
    DJ
    Tuxes
    Invites
    Officiant
    Cake
    need to register
    and bridesmaid dresses

Did I mention i get married in April.  SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO behind and freaking out a little now.
  • Options
    randeea0829randeea0829 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ive never attended a bridal show, what all does it entail? Are you required to purchase anything while your there or required to book vendors? Or just look and get ideas? I get married in august 2011, I have some stuff but still need dj, need to register, invites....thanks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm NEY but i love going to bridal shows. i've been twice as a bridesmaid/MOH along with the bride-to-be. i love tasting cake and checking out vendors. probably won't go this year because i'm not engaged and i'm not in any weddings coming up. please let the board know if you find any awesome vendors!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Randeea

I don't think anything is really required from anyone that attends. . . . except to pay for admission.  And probably parking since its downtown.  You don't have to book any of the vendors at all if you don't want to.  You can simply hang out and try and get ideas. . . .
  • Options
    bryanneb61bryanneb61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies!

I just got engaged on Christmas, so I am definitely going!  I'm just starting my planning and am super excited to start gathering ideas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's also a bridal show at Franklin Park Conservatory coming up (January 21).
    http://www.fpconservatory.org/bridalshow.htm

FPC was in the top 3 venues for me, I think it's gorgeous (I just HATE how they do the bar). So, that may be an idea for those who want to see that too.

I probably won't go to the one at Vets, mostly because I spent 3 days of hell there this past summer (taking the Ohio Bar, boo). 

We still need ceremony and cocktail hour musicians, invites (which will probably be vistaprint, DB or DIY), alterations, linens (maybe), shuttle, wedding bands, hair and make up.
  • Options
    Cassandra999Cassandra999 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't planning on going, but some friends were telling me I should.  I just remember going with my friend to a bridal show when I was a bridesmaid.  she signed up for a bunch of raffles and then ended up getting annoying calls for months. 
    Do you think its worth going?  I haven't planned anything yet for my wedding (spring 12) so i could probably use the ideas.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards