New York-New York City

Midtown Loft and Need Help with Caterer Search

Hi everyone - happy holidays!

Has anyone looked into or had their ceremony/reception at Midtown Loft on 5th Ave (http://midtownloft.net/)?  If so, what did you think?  

We'll have about 100 guests and are looking for a place to hold the both ceremony and reception.  

Also, I need caterer recommendations - we're looking for a caterer that can fulfill the following:

1.  Provide linens, silverware, china and glasses. 
2.  Cocktail Party service. 
3.  Bar staffing (for cocktail party and reception).  Wine, beer and cocktails.
4.  Buffet style dinner with wine / bar service.
5.  Coffee / Tea service during cake / dessert.
6.  Transition from cocktail party to reception cannot impede or disrupt ceremony.  Event clean up.

"Nice to have"s include:

1.  Kid's menu
2.  DJ
3.  Flowers / centerpieces
4.  Decorations
5.  Cake service

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

J.
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Midtown Loft and Need Help with Caterer Search

• alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Yen Ngo of Real Food Catering. Yen and her team did an incredible job with my loft wedding in October (@ Studio 450) She was also the most afforable caterer I was quoted by.

Her email is info@realfoodcatering.net

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • edited December 2011
    we had our wedding at the Puck building but also looked at this loft too.  Turned out to be too small for our ever growing guess list.  But it was nice.  We used Rockville Center Caters who are in Long Island (based in a temple) but do lots of NYC weddings.  These guys were fantasic.  We loved it.  I can give you details if you want... They took care of everything from rentals, food, drinks, cake, place cards, menu cards,- and had a kids menu.  I could have done my flowers thru them too but I worked with a vendor they recommended instead. 
  • edited December 2011
    I looked into Sterling Affair and really liked them.
  • missqueensmissqueens member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm booked at the Midtown Loft for 8/14/11! I absolutely LOVE this venue and I cannot wait! The staff (especially Amber) has been so accomodating and helpful as I try to figure out how to plan this event.
    My caterer did a Christmas party there last month and he raved about the kitchen facilities and the lay out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    At my sister's wedding she hired a company called Mimi's Fusion of Flavors, we all loved the food and service it wasn't a typical buffet style meal
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards