Nevada-Las Vegas

Double Decker Tour Bus

So, good news- we set the date, booked the ceremony, photographer and vista suite for the big day! Now I am filling in some details. I see that a few of you have done a party bus, or used the double decker for some component of the festivities. I'd like to get the DD bus and use it as a chance to get some killer strip photos, have a few beers and hang out with guests. Almost like a "cocktail" hour/ photo opp combo.

My plan is to do this after the ceremony and before the reception. Here are my questions-
How much time should I anticpaite the strip tour taking?
Do you think guests would be grumpy if dinner wasn't immediately following the ceremony?
Was it fun? ( I think it would be, but maybe I'm just being idealistic, you can tell me if it sucked :) )

Thanks!!

Re: Double Decker Tour Bus

• edited December 2011
    Hey there

Congrats on all the checks!

We are doing a photo tour for 2.5 hrs but we are providing snacks and drinks for the guests. I think you need to keep in mind that traffic can be pretty busy on the strip depending on day of the week and time! This may cut down the actual photo time
    As for grumpy guests I would guess it depends on the time of day...if the ceremony ended at 7pm and the photo tour took 1-1.5 hrs and I wasn't gettiong fed until 8.30/9ish I would probably be grumpy but that said if I knew the timeline I would probably have a snack/late lunch before the wedding to tide me over!

Just an FYI on the DDB- the last few brides on here who have reviewed them had a few problems with the company but before that all reviews were good.
  • GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing the same thing as you are planning (but using a party bus, nott he DD bus) -- we are also allowing 2.5 hours for our Strip tour between the ceremony and the reception. We need to get from one end of the Strip (Chapel of Flowers) all the way to the other end (Welcome Sign) and back to the Encore to drop Todd off afterwards. I hope this will be enough time to include a couple of additional stops along the way -- it will start at approx. 6.30.

Our guests therefore will not be eating until 9pm, but they will be made aware of this and we are also providing drinks and snacks on the bus.
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm one of the brides who was not pleased with the double decker bus. The bus broke down on us twice.  If you go with this company you should probably ask if they had the mechanical issues fixed.
  • 11Vegas711Vegas7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pebbs.  I wasn't at all happy with this vendor :(
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback, Any other options ( I like the outside/open air option) but if its going to be an unpleasant expereince, I'd forgo it. For those who didn't think t was a good expereince, what were the issues ( asside from the bus breaking down :( )

THANKS!!
  • GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    rferry - how many guests do you need to accommodate?
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • edited December 2011
    Gribbles- we're planning on 40 max.
  • edited December 2011

we hyave booked the DD bus co. for a 2 hour meet & greet for all our guests the evening before the wedding. We are going to be picked up at PH and doing a stop at the Welcome Sign for a photo opp with all our guests. Ours is from 8-10pm but since its not the day of the wedding...and they know how long its going to be, its going to be up to our guests to eat before hand. We will be having some drinks on board.

• aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_double-decker-tour-bus?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:4d020baa-c562-4ccb-8a1e-d2bb27e7eb9cPost:f3951e0e-b675-4c17-bfb0-ba5ac8a0dc05">Re: Double Decker Tour Bus</a>:
    [QUOTE]we hyave booked the DD bus co. for a 2 hour meet & greet for all our guests the evening before the wedding. We are going to be picked up at PH and doing a stop at the Welcome Sign for a photo opp with all our guests. Ours is from 8-10pm but since its not the day of the wedding...and they know how long its going to be, its going to be up to our guests to eat before hand. We will be having some drinks on board.
    Posted by junebug61103[/QUOTE]

I would prefer this as a guest....I am sure people will be understanding but waiting until after 9pm to eat would be a little annoying to me, but for a wedding I am sure most guests would understand.  Just IMO.
  • edited December 2011
    Let me just say...I just used the DDB a week ago and I was sooooo pleased!!!  They were awesome all the way around. The communication was good. They showed up on time and were friendly. But best of all...all my guests LOVED it! I was a little worried people would think it was cheezy but they absolutely loved it and said it was unique. Some of my guests favorite part of the wedding weekend was this tour. We drove down to the old part of Vegas and saw parts we had never seen before. And our group was a bunch of people that go to Vegas all the time. I would totally recommend them and I think if you have some beer, wine or champage you wont get any complaints.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    @Natalienoelle- how long did it take you?
  • edited December 2011
    We had it for 2 hours before the rehearsal dinner. We started off a little late because I got sick before we left but once we got started I would say the tour we took was a solid hour. We had no traffic and did it at 5pm on a Sunday night. If you are going to stop and take pictures 2 hours is all you need Id think. We had them drop us off early because 2 hours with no stopping for photos would have just been too long for us. We had champagne and wine and listened to Frank Sinatra. It was really great. A couple of things...the upstairs was way more fun than down. There was no music downstairs. And I would not plan to have the bus sit in a garage somewhere because the fumes can get intense.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    When is your wedding? We used the double decker bus and the guests thought it was a good idea but they said they were just way too hot snd sweat through their clothes. My wedding was in June. I think it would work better when it's cooler out.
  • edited December 2011
    We used DDB last weekend and it was great.  I was worried due to the crap Pebbs had to deal with, but they assured me that the mechanical issues were resolved.  My guests & groom loved it and it worked out pretty good to move everyone since we had an open bar and didn't want anyone driving.

With that said, I had them drive up the strip (both ways) just in case the bus broke down, our guests wouldn't be stranded.  On the way to the reception it took about 20 min but due to traffic the return trip it took 50min.

In retrospect since we had a large number of people cancel at the last minute, I would have held off until the last minute to book transportation,  the bus sat 90 people but we only had 40.  We could have gone with a smaller limo bus - but alas it all worked out.

Hope this helps
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards