Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Winter Wedding

I wanted to have a winter wedding in Pittsburgh. We will be getting married in a Church near Cannonsburg. Any suggestions on venues that would provide a beautiful winter or holiday scene?

Re: Winter Wedding

• cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Grand Hall at the Priory does a beautiful winter wedding, and their package in the winter is much more reasonable than their usual package.  Check out some of the pictures here:  http://www.pittsburghsgrandhall.com/winter_white_weddings.php

I also think that Lemont would be a nice venue for a winter wedding because of the view.
  • edited December 2011
    How many people are you planning?  How far are you willing to travel for the reception?  My photographer just shot a wedding on Sunday at The Wooden Angel.  The photos are amazing and the place looks so cozy.

If you want to stay in the Canonsburg area, I'd look into the Holiday Inn Washington/Meadowlands or Crown Plaza.  I'd also check out some of the local country clubs.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • carcrashheartcarcrashheart member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    you can try bella whatever it is right in canonsburg. they have a pretty fireplace and staircase. i considered them for our winter wedding..until i found out the cost. it was much too high for us. i can't recall exactly, but saturday was at least a 20k minimum, maybe 25k min. not sure which. i didn't go see it though, so i don't know if the windows overlook the crappy parking lot or not. i was more focused on the fireplace and staircase to be honest.

we ended up at the lemont, fwiw. our runner up was the priory.

you could also try the hilton garden inn @ southpointe, that just popped in to mind.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    edited December 2011
    ps: do you happen to be an HHS grad by any chance?
  • edited December 2011
    Have you checked out Bella Sera?
  • edited December 2011
    I would've said Bella Sera as well. Didn't know it was so expensive. If you're planning a winter wedding which is off their peak season, you should be able to get that minimum lowered. I'm getting married in the winter and by just asking, our venue lowered the minimum spending requirement by 20%. As a fellow winter bride, push (without being to pushy!) the off-peak thing. We're getting married in the winter because we wanted to regardless of price, but the non-traditional season has definitely helped the budget.
    edited December 2011
    i spoke to bella sera about a lower minimum, since we were also getting married in the winter. they were not agreeable.
  • stphbernhardstphbernhard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, are you?
    edited December 2011
    heh, i thought so ;)

i checked your FB page but saw no mention of the wedding, so i wasn't sure if it was or not!

i'll PM you instead of leaving my name here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards