New Jersey - South

Kenneth Stillman Videography?

Hi Ladies.  I am starting to research videographers and I know Kenneth Stillman is very popular but I've read the complaints on here about his unresponsiveness and the time it takes to receive your video.  If you have used this company can you please let me know when your wedding was and how long it took to receive your video.  I really hope it doesn't take over a year as I've read on here!  Thank you for your help!

Re: Kenneth Stillman Videography?

• Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using him but i haven't had my wedding yet. But my friend also used him and she hasn't received her video yet either. Her wedding was last July.
  • angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The brides who have gotten their videos have all said it's worth the wait. I tend to agree. Given a choice. I'd prefer to wait longer and get a better video than get it in sixty days and have it look like crap. Isn't that why most couples take a year to 18 months to plan their wedding - so they can do it right instead of just throwing it together last minute?
  • lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ken's videos are great, but if for some reason, you decide not to go with him, I LOVED my videographer... one of my favorite vendors, and he just posted our trailer if you want to check it out.

http://alliancevideousa.com/blog/2010/06/30/lisa-keith/
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

I looked around at videographers and Ken's was the best IMO.  The wait is long but the quality is unbeatable! My wedding was in December and I haven't gotten my video yet but I should be getting it within the next few weeks.  If he's available on your date, I'd book him!

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • kimikins79kimikins79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ken is the best IMO.  His work is far better than others I have seen, and he isnt that much more expensive.  He has always responded to me, and recently told me I should have my full video soon.  You do have to wait longer for the video, but it is worth it.

I posted a short video he did for me a few posts back, take a look.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I really enjoyed working with Ken and his team, and our "Big Show" was everything we could have hoped for.  Everybody says he is worth the wait.  I was married in November 2008, and Ken said we should have our video soon.  I can't wait to see it!
  • edited December 2011
    I used Ken for my June 15, 2008 wedding.  It took about a year and a half to get my video.  It is amazing. I love it.  Totally worth the wait!
    U/S#1 showed 2 heartbeats! U/S#2 showed Baby A's heartbeat was 157 and Baby B 's heartbeat was 183! U/S#4 showed Baby A is a Boy (heartbeat 161) and Baby B is a Girl (heartbeat 159)!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 2ndxo2ndxo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know two people that used Kenneth Stillman, one in November of 08 and the other in July of 09 and neither have received their video yet.  It's hard to say if his quality is that much better than others that it's worth the wait as I don't know anyone who has gotten their video yet and been able to see it.  Personally I will not be using him and have advised others against it also.  If he has overbooked himself that is his problem not the the brides' and he is definitely unresponsive.  When he does respond it is typically untrue or nasty depending on whether he's telling you you're getting your video shortly, a few weeks, I'm working on it now, etc., etc. or blaming the brides for the delay.  Not very professional and both brides I know are extremely frustrated.
  • edited December 2011
    I was married July 09 and have yet to receive my video.  We loved the BIG Show and have never had problems with him getting back to me in the past.  I use to respond to posters who were concerned with the unresponsiveness you mentioned and I'd put in a positive word for him.  But in the past 3 and 1/2 weeks, my husband and I have wrote him 3 emails and left 1 phone message between us and no response!!  He even thanked me for the positive feedback on the knot and I'm very upset that he is doing the same thing that I was supporting him on.  He told me I'd get my video 60-90 days after picking my song.  That means I should have had my video in April or May and now it's July!  I know a bride that was married a year and 8 months ago and didn't get her video but one that was married 7 months after her received it.  That's very unfair to do the videos so out of order, there is no reason for it!  I really hope he responds to me soon.  I was really hoping we would have been able to watch our video on our 1 year and now that has come and gone!  Posters say it's worth the wait but I'm more upset that he is ignoring us and not sticking to his self imposed due date.  GL!
  • 2ndxo2ndxo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kenneth Stillman also has an "F" rating by the Better Business Bureau.
  • Bennyc17Bennyc17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am convinced Kenneth Stillman is a scam artist.  His company runs the same scam many contractors do.  He takes project after project collects the money and doesn't complete the work and doesn't respond to messages and emails.  A year and a half is a ridiculous time to wait for a video.  My sister got married in November 08 and has not received her video from Kenneth Stillman yet.  That is 21 Months ago.   

Here are some fun facts:
    The Empire State Building was built in 14 months
    The Pentagon was built in 16 months

• lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A year and a half is absolutely ridiculous... heck, I think a year is ridiculous.  And I am sick of the "if you want quality, you have to wait..." Bologna... A good editer can get a video out in 3-4 months. They could do it in a few weeks, if yours was the only video they worked on 9-5 M-F.  Could you imagine if NFL films took a year to edit an hour and a half long highlight?  And the fact that he READ your feedback on the Knot is the clencher for me... get off the freakin Knot and follow through for the brides.... unreal. 
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards