Attire & Accessories Forum

David's Bridal alterations...

in regards to bra cups being sewn in.

Ok girls, to be perfectly frank, I belong to the "itty bitty titty committee". My dress has prominent boning that creates a wayyy to big area for the chest. I was aware of this before I bought the dress thanks to reviews, but I tried it on (when I went shopping) with one of David's bras and it fit perfect. Unfortunately, it is a backless dress and I can't wear a bra. I bought some cups at Joann's and safety pinned them in but am a bit unhappy. How are the cups at David's? Are they comfortabe? A good shape?

I went in to pick up my dress, they asked for my name, handed me my dress and walked away. I had to go find someone to ask if I could try it on! Forget asking about alterations... is this common? I also had to ask (twice) where I could get a bag for it. I loved my consultant, but she wasn't working that day.

I'm going to Victoria's Secret tomorrow and am going to pick up one of their backless bras to see if that would work.. but would like to hear your experiences with the cups and alterations first.

Thank you so much! Don't know what I would do if I hadn't found you girls!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
"He was my mum and dad's best friend. He's a convicted murderer, but he's broken out of wizard prison and he's on the run. He likes to keep in touch with me, though...keep up with news...check if I'm happy..."

Harry on Sirus to the Dursleys. HP Prisoner of Azkaban

Re: David's Bridal alterations...

• The Davids cups are just like any other soft cups.  Mine were fastened by only one or two stitches each. I have B cups but they gave me C.  It gives my dress more of a shape up there.  They were stitched in at the tops so they kind of hang off.  they are comfortable, but if you're looking for more of a pushup look, you should try those silicone sticky chicken cutlet bras that simply stick on :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • David's Bridal is overpriced for alterations anyway.  I would find a recommendation on your local board if you need one, and then take your gown to an independent seamstress who will take her time with you to suggest how to get the best fit.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • As far as cups - my seamstress had me go and pick out a bra I liked, and then just cut the cups out of there to sew in my dress.  (She's a private seamstress, and she's doing my alterations as a wedding gift, so I didn't mind paying for the cups :)  I am in the same committee you speak of, 32A so I bought some nice push up cups to help give me a "boost" so to speak.  Just what I've done...

As far as David's alterations, I have no experience personally but I see a lot of girls post on here how they are very overpriced & a lot of them recommend going to a private seamstress.

Good luck!
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm sorry your Davids sucked!! They ordered my garment bag with my dress, it was a $10 charge they said they order with every wedding dress. I didn't mind paying a measly $10 to have a bag that was made to protect my dress. I thought I'd just pick up my dress and walk out but they made me come back to a room and try it on again to make sure they ordered the right size and everything. It was already in the bag when she brought it out.

I tried it on and she made sure it fit right and if I had any second thoughts on the dress. Then when I was done they scheduled my first alterations appointment.

So it sounds like you got stuck with a sucky Davids. I'm also on the IBTC and want cups sewn in, but my first ALT appointment isn't until March.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    150 Invited image RSVP Date: April 15th
    84 Attendingimage
    66 Missing Outimage
    0 Not Repliedimage
  • Thanks everyone! Now I have so many options! =D

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    "He was my mum and dad's best friend. He's a convicted murderer, but he's broken out of wizard prison and he's on the run. He likes to keep in touch with me, though...keep up with news...check if I'm happy..."

Harry on Sirus to the Dursleys. HP Prisoner of Azkaban
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards