Ohio-Cleveland

hotel accommodations

Hi ladies. I am ready to block off rooms for the out of time guests. In order to keep our costs down, I'd prefer a place with free breakfast. So far I looked in the Hampton Inn (SUPER customer service) and the Embassy Suites (HORRIBLE customer service). I actually preferred the Embassy Suites, but they lost my vote with their attitude. Just wanted to know what hotel you were using? Getting married at Windows On the River, so we'll be close to the Flats.

Thanks in advance.

Re: hotel accommodations

• kwilliams117kwilliams117 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Radisson in Eastlake has been very accomodating thus far. I know there is also a downtown Radisson, that appearance wise is even nicer! Check it out....
  • edited December 2011
    We used hotels further west,  but we had a horrible time trying to work with the hotel we had initially wanted to use.   Didn't return calls, lost our reservations, would put you on hold and hang up, etc.   We took our business elswhere after 2-3 weeks.   We are so glad we did.  We ended up using the Hampton Inn in Westlake.  They were great to work with, extended our discount rate until the week before the wedding and let us add rooms at that rate a few different times.  
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • fleapharmdfleapharmd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the information. I'll check out that Hampton Inn. I looked at the one closer to downtown and they were really nice. How did you transport your out-of-town guests?
  • selongsaselongsa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just at a reception at Windows last weekend and their room block was at the Crown Plaza on St. Clair.  The hotel provided a shuttle van for guests--not sure if it was complimentary or if the bride and groom paid for it, but it was really convenient for guests.  It made trips back and forth for about a half hour.
  • Megaphone2752Megaphone2752 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our reception is at the Cleveland Zoo and the wedding is in Rocky River, so we went with a hotel in the middle and are using the Marriot on W. 150 in Cleveland. They've been good. Our block rate is $89/night and they are giving us a free hospitality room where my parents are going to have drinks and snacks between the wedding and reception.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • fleapharmdfleapharmd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you paying for breakfast the next morning since the Marriott does not provide free breakfast? The room rate sounds good though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards