Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

FI's old female friend... (very long)

Background: FI had a female friend in school who would always hang around him. Long story short, she started dating his friend and they drifted away, nbd. Two years ago we got engaged and started planning moving away for a job. Since we live hours away from eachother back home our parents threw us two seperate going away/engagement parties. At his side, the old friend showed up with her mother. As soon as she walked in the door FSIL and her friend started making comments about "how dare she show up" and "she's only here to see what you're like". Turns out the old friend had liked my FI for years, again nbd. When she left she pulled FI close for a hug and whispered in his ear. Later on FI told me that she said "I'll always love you." Angry, I asked him to let me know if anything else had happened and to tell me if anything does in the future. Nothing did, and the only thing that has is FB messages which he asked her to stop and then blocked her.

Present Day: Old friend is now engaged and questions FI's family on details of our wedding (the wedding we've barely planned because it will be another two years before the day). Through another friend we found out she was taking bets on how long we'd last and said she do anything to make sure she'd get married before we do. Today FI got her wedding invite in the mail. FI got it, not the both of us, the invitation was adressed to him only. No where did it say my name or at the very least "and guest". Inside on the rsvp card it said "number attending __ /out of 1".

I'm completely irritated that she would even send the invitation. I'm more irritated that after two years of being engaged I didn't get the respect to be put on the invite. I'm even more irritated that she told people "I sent him an invite to my wedding so I better get one to his". B*tch please, after this, you're family isn't even getting the invitation. Am I wrong for being angry?

Re: FI's old female friend... (very long)

• Options
    Yeah I would probably be pretty pissed because she sounds like an immature twat.  Hopefully your FI declines the invite, and I definitely wouldn't be sending her a gift or an invitation.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What a biyotch.  Your FI isn't planning on attending her wedding, right?
  • Options
    I did the rsvp for him just now and had a hard time marking "Regretfully decline" Wedding invitation rsvps need a "I wouldn't attend if you paid me" option.

Also, I love the usage of the word "twat", it's probably my favorite word.
  • Options
    I would have been very tempted to cross off the "respetctfully" part.
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Honestly, from my twisted perspective, I don't think it has anything to do with you.

She sounds immature, manipulative, and deliberate.  My spin on this?  This is her lame and weak attempt to get any attention at all from your FI.  She knows FI is engaged.  She knows she breached etiquette by not including you on the invitation.  Perhaps it was her hope that FI would be so angered it would cause him to directly communicate with her.

Her goal, clearly, was to upset you.  She only wins if you respond with anything other than a huge "0" in the "number attending __ /out of 1" space. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fis-old-female-friend-very-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fd24cafd-d1a2-4f7b-8c94-f83cabea680cPost:31c9cd3c-819f-4f8f-a328-5a6203e4162d">Re: FI's old female friend... (very long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honestly, from my twisted perspective, I don't think it has anything to do with you. She sounds immature, manipulative, and deliberate.  My spin on this?  This is her lame and weak attempt to get any attention at all from your FI.  She knows FI is engaged.  She knows she breached etiquette by not including you on the invitation.  Perhaps it was her hope that FI would be so angered it would cause him to directly communicate with her. Her goal, clearly, was to upset you.  She only wins if you respond with anything other than a huge "0" in the "number attending __ /out of 1" space. 
    Posted by mobkaz[/QUOTE]

<div>True. You've hit the nail on the head.</div><div>
    </div><div>That's why I wouldn't ACTUALLY cross it out, just be tempted.</div>
  • Options
    I would be furious with this girl,  I agree with PP's use of the term twat to describe her. Girl is getting married, she needs to mature & move on, or else not marry her current FI. She is manipulative & spiteful. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

This person is looking for a fight. You're doing the right thing by not giving her one. The best thing you can do is completely ignore her. People who look for attention all the time and who love to create drama really hate to be ignored. Makes 'em crazy (or crazier!). Also, I agree with PP who said tell whoever is relaying info to you to stop. They are adding to the drama whether intentionally or unintentionally.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's things like this that make me glad that I was my FI's first girlfriend... and last:)

Like PP's, I would have a hard time not crossing out "Regrettfully". What a biotch. But like others have said, she's clearly trying to get a rise out of you, and reaction or contact out of him. How old is this chick? That's like high school stuff girl. At least FI and FI's family is behind you 100%. I would absolutely NOT invite her to your wedding. You don't need that added stress. Just curious, what does your FI say about inviting her to the wedding? Does he still want her to come? I hope not...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The girl actually had the balls to say "I'll always love you" to your FI?  At his ENGAGEMENT party?  I DO belive this is the first time "twat" has ever crossed my mind!!

Your FI needs to cut any and all ties with this girl.  She's unstable, she's toxic, and she's not worth ruining the fun of planning your wedding or mixing bad blood into your marriage.
  • Options
    This girl needs a manners guide to life! 

To get rid of her for good, it probably would be best to just simply reply with a "0" response.

I agree with PP, it would be hard to not black out "regretfully" or just not send it back altogether.  But for the greater good of hopefully never having to deal with her again, go with high road on this one. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Someone needs to get biiitch slapped.
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    Honestly, I think it is a waste of time and energy for you to worry about any of your FI's old friends, whether it is this woman or someone else.  And, really, why demand he tell you any and everything about his encounters with her in the future?  Just decide to trust him.  Let the rest go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards