Wedding Reception Forum

A few ideas

We are having a small wedding, 30 guests. We will also be having the ceremony in the same room as the reception, so everyone will be at the seat/table from beginning to end. We are definitely set on a seating chart, for multiple reasons. Should I have the groomsmen seat everyone or let everyone seat themselves and just have name cards at the tables?

We are doing a scrapbook type guest book. Where each guest draws, writes, decorates a small page. I was trying to figure out a way to have this, there is a table by the front door where people walk in, but not in the way, however its a small space and I don't want it to get cluttered. I was thinking of maybe putting the piece for them to decorate on the table as the seating card and pens and stuff at the table? Did anyone have something like this work? Any ideas on making it work? I don't want it to look tackey with pens and markers and stuff at tables, nor do I want to buy 8 sets for tables.

I have 3 bridesmaids and 2 groomsmen and we don't have time to add a groomsman. I will have the guys help everyone to their seats and then they will be up front with the groom, however I had wanted the groomsmen to walk out with my bridesmaids but that would mean someone by themselves. I had rethought it to have each bridesmaid/groomsman walk out alone. So my MOH would follow my groom and I, and then best man, bridesmaid, groomsman, bridesmaid. Any other ideas because I am not set on that. Any ideas are appreciated.

Vacation Anniversary PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: A few ideas

• You could have one GM walk out with two BMs and the MOH and BM together. I also considered doing the scrapbook guest book, but mine are post card size. I thought about them doing it at the tables, but it could get messy and where would they go when they're done? So if I decide to do it, I'm going to have it on or near the guest table and have them drop their completed cards in the card box.
  • dont ask the GM to seat people. people are perfectly able to look at a chart and see where they are to sit. let the GM enjoy their day and dont give them a job

• Make signs (a large one telling people to sign the book) and then make an announcement near the end for people not to forget to sign it. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards