New York-New York City

Awesome Spa Giveaway at Deva Spa for NYC-Area Brides! Enter here.

We have a fantastic giveaway from the fabulous Deva Spa in SoHo Manhattan. If wedding planning has you stressed out or you need to get away for a romantic day together, this is the perfect way to relax and unwind. The prize is good for one year and would make a fantastic Valentine’s Day gift, Day-Before/After Wedding Treatment or a perfect city getaway for two.
Deva Spa is gifting one lucky couple:

•        A one-hour couple’s massage
•        Access to the steam room and lounge area
•        Lunch for two
•        Robes with logo for the couple to take home
•        A bottle of champagne with a fruit and cheese platter (for couples ages 21 years and older only)

This package is worth a total of $800. See official rules here:

Check out the Deva Spa website: http://devachansalon.com/

To enter, please reply to this post below and tell us why the two of you deserve the this relaxing time at the spa. We’ll choose one lucky winner on January 24th.

Thanks for participating, and best of luck!

Post your response below!

Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: Awesome Spa Giveaway at Deva Spa for NYC-Area Brides! Enter here.

• edited December 2011
    I have always wanted to go to Deva Spa. My fiance and I would love to win this contest because I'm a grad student and am working full-time while going to school. Also, we're planning a wedding. There is not much time to pamper myself and the two of us rarely have time to relax. This would be a wonderful treat!

Thank you for having such a great giveway for brides and couples.
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh this sounds AMAZING!!

My FI would LOVE to go to this Spa as well! We acutally have checked it out a couple times, but the expense of planning a wedding and trying to buy a home before the wedding had put these type of days on hold! I think it would be such a bonus to enjoy a day before the wedding with my FI to take away from the rush of planning and just enojoy each other as well as be reminded of why we are going through this whole process anyway!!

Such a great giveaway Annie!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • molls332233molls332233 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahhhhh the spa!!! Whats not to love? Relaxation, pampering, booze, and cheeeeese!!! FI and I would loooove to win this special giveaway because lately, we have been in full wedding planning mode! This past weekend we registered at 2 stores (Macys and BBB, loved it!), did DIY table cards and place cards (he actally crafted with me!), began DIY wedding invitations, and met with the caterer, band, and photographer. The poor boy was absolutly exhausted come 8:00 Sunday night, but he never complained! I would love to take him to this spa in beautiful NYC, and pamper him the way that he has always pampered me!

What a great idea Annie, thank you so much for this opportunity! Happy Planning everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    148 Invited image 120 Happy face! image 28 Sad face... image
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow this sounds awesome! DH would love this because recently he has become a corections officer and doesn't get a lot of time off and spending time together is harder these days than the 9 years I've been with him. This would be a great way to spend time together for when he's actually off. Thank you for offering this contest Annie! And GL to everyone!
  • edited December 2011
    My husband to be and I would love this relaxing day at a spa. Since our engagement we have both been saving every penny we make. We have both picked up another part time job in addition to our full time 40+ hour work weeks. This does not give us much romantic, alone time. We are determined to pay for everything on our own and avoid using credit or borrowing from family which has been very stressful. I would love to get away from all the planning for a day and relax with the love of my life. Thanks for the oppurtunity.
  • jnlubinjnlubin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We'd love this! I'm busy with work, he's got school/work (cadet at the military academy) and I feel like I'm always bugging him with boring wedding details--which save the date cards to get, getting photos taken, color schemes, etc. It'd be a great way for us to spend together (we don't see each other that often, currently/always long distance) and relax. Also, we're both on tight budgets so splurging on ourselves does not come very often, if at all. Thanks for offering the contest! Sounds awesome to me, I'm constantly in need of a massage (I make my finace give me ones (even small ones) almost everytime we see each other).

-Jessica
  • jenn2833jenn2833 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, we would love to receive this giveaway. I am a jewelry designer and work about 20 hours a day and my fiance works nights from 7pm-5am, sometimes later. We are completely stressed out and would love to just have a relaxing time together to enjoy each other and not have to think about all the details of the wedding and to not think about work! It's so funny too because my fiance, Mike, has been dying for a massage for soo long,  (he has lower back problems) and I think this would just refresh us so much. We also don't get to splurge so much because with the wedding and trying to buy a house, we don't get a time to indulge on anything for ourselves so this would be perfect. Thank you!Smile

jennifer@jenniferelizabeth.com
  • edited December 2011

Wow, this spa giveaway sounds amazing!  My fiancé and I could definitely use a weekend at a spa.  We both work full time and I am a full time student as well and we are both trying to save every penny we can for our wedding.  The past year and a half has not been easy and to be able to relax for just one weekend would be unbelievable.  My fiancé has Crohn’s disease and has been hospitalized twice in the past two years due to his illness.  He has flair ups frequently and we try to use a special diet along with his medication to keep him healthy.  He would definitely appreciate a couple’s massage and we would both love the opportunity to spend a weekend relaxing.  Then of course come back to our hectic and busy lives to finish planning for our wedding!  Thanks for the opportunity and good luck to everyone!

• tbbrogantbbrogan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiancee and I would be forever grateful if we won this spa package!  We've been together for three amazing but challenging years - first as a couple separated by 800 miles, then with one of us unemployed.  We're in the same city and almost on our feet now, but we're devoting all of our savings to the wedding, leaving very little for a great treat like this!

Thanks for giving away this great opportunity, Knot!

xoxo
    Denise and Todd
    May 7, 2011

• Jaxx317Jaxx317 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a great giveaway! My fiance and I would totally love this package! We are on a very tight budget for our wedding, and luxury things like a trip to the spa are unfortunately not high on our priority list! I've taken on many many DIY projects (many of which have already been a bit stressful), not to mention that my job is deadline driven and I have at least 3 major deadlines (read: 12 hr work days) and potential business travel over the next 6 months! It is hard to find ways to spend quality time together that is not wedding-related as it is, and a day at a spa would be a great way to do that and ease our stressful lives before the wedding! Thanks for offering this!
    Bridezilla, only when provoked!
  • jenw80jenw80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Fantastic giveaway for a stressed out bride and groom.
    We would love to win this giveaway! With the financial strain of paying for our wedding ourselves, me travelling for work all of the time and him doing construction work that makes his body scream for some spa pampering...this giveaway could not be more perfect.
    We could get that reconnecting time we crave, without breaking our budget.

Thanks!!

• edited December 2011
    This would be a really great way for us to unwind together.  The last few months have been very trying for the both of us - I'm considering going back to school in the fall (and will continue to work full time) and I've recently had to undertake a far longer commute (45 minutes + longer each way) for work.  He works in a very high-stress industry and at 27 already has some blood pressure issues.  We've been trying to find new activities for what little free time we have, but with all pending costs - buying a home, our wedding, and the added cost of my new commute, we're definitely going to have to scale back on additional expenses.  It would be nice for us to be able to do something where the two of us could just relax, reconnect, and enjoy some time together away from the "outside world".  It would be wonderful to be able to show fiance how to relax and let go of everything for a while (he's never had a professional massage)! He does so much for me, so I'd be thrilled to win this for him.  Thanks for the opportunity and Good Luck to everyone! 
  • edited December 2011
    One month ago I married the most amazing, gentle, and caring man on this earth. He willingly helped with DIY projects until 3am, helped me to choose bridesmaid dresses, held me when I cried from feeling overwhelmed, and watched dvr'd wedding shows with me almost every night leading up to our special day. We had an amazing wedding and then next day headed out on what we called a mini-moon, having planned a larger honeymoon after the holidays. We were headed to Vegas for 4 days and unfortunatley due to snowy weather we were delayed for 6 hours, when we finally got on a flight to Detroit we missed our connection due to the plane having to circle. We were then put on another flight which was then cancelled. We spent the first 2 days of our honeymoon in Detroit wearing the same clothes we had left CT in. We spent 36 hours in Vegas, we had a wonderful time knowing that we would have a real honeymoon in February. My employer has now decided to start a large project and there is a vacation freeze until May. My poor DH has handled it all so well and I would love to surprise him with a little something extra for everything he's been through and supported me through. This would be the perfect way to do that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

OK, so my fiancee has NEVER been to a spa!  Can you believe it?  I have tried time and time again to get him to relax with me and enjoy the zen of a great spa, but he thinks it's a "waste of money". 

Now, if we WIN a spa package, he'll have no choice but to come and enjoy the pre-wedding serenity!  And hopefully, we can visit this spa (which I've heard amazing things about) on our anniversary for years to come :)

http://www.edgarandrachel.com

Hugs and kisses from the soon-to-be Mrs...

• bexnycbexnyc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This spa treatment would be exactly what my fiance and I need! 2010 was a very difficult year with both my fiance and my jobs being cut back and my mother getting cancer. There were moments when we considered delaying our wedding because it just didnt seem possible to celebrate. We decided to go ahead with our original plans because it is important to have something positive to look forward to.

Over the holidays we travelled back home to Kansas where we will be having our wedding. We managed to meet with photographers, caterers, cake baker, venue, and flowers in the small amount of days we were home! We were literally running from one meeting to another to try and fit in all of our planning in the limited time we had back home.

We also managed somehow to fit in 4 christmas celebrations - my parents, his dad and step mom, his mom and extended family and my extended family! We vowed to travel between all of the familys together instead of splitting them up between us since now we are all family and nothing is more important. This involved travelling on 3 flights to 4 different states - and this was all in less than a week! We proclaimed that this would be our craziest holiday ever with the addition of wedding planning and hopefully the future will be more relaxing when we head home for the holidays.

Needless to say, our year and our holiday was anything but relaxing! A fabulous spa retreat at Deva Spa would be exactly the rejuvenation we need to celebrate how far we have come in our plans and incentive to keep moving ahead with our wedding preparations!

Thank you for the opportunity!
    Rebecca & Justin
  • edited December 2011
    Our 2 months of marriage have been AMAZING thanks to the best husband in the world! We just found out we are expecting our first baby so are cutting back in some areas and I couldn't go overboard for his birthday this month like I would have wanted to. He is in desperate need of a massage and he deserves one for everything he does for me especially now that I am pregnant!
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • tstegertsteger member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I think my fiancée and I deserve to win because we don't spend much time together.  We both work full time jobs, however as a New York City Police Officer, I never get to see him.  We typically only get to spend time together 2 days each week usually just for a few hours.  Between his ever-changing schedule and my busy time at work, I work at a gym, any quality time we can spend together we appreciate that much more.  If we were the winners, it would be great to take some time aside to concentrate on just us!
  • reliartreliart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I would absolutely love to enjoy a day at the spa! I think it would be great to spend the day together in a relaxed, soothing atmoshpere. Wedding planning has been super really fun so far, but there are a lot of details and stressors to attend to. It would be a thank-you to our bodies for handling the stress we have put ourselves under and renergize our spirits to do the rest of it. We hope our marriage will be long and strong, and one way to make sure that happens is to periodically shut the world out and focus on each other. This spa day will be a fantastic chance to do just that, and get this marriage started on the right foot!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I have known each other for 12 years and just started dating last year. We went 7 years without speaking and have reconnected through the tragic death of his friend. He calls me his angel for helping him get through what he calls the toughest time of his life thus far. He recently got his Masters Degree and we have yet to celebrate because he lives in Miami and I am in New York. We have managed to survive a long distance relationship for a year and we are both happier than ever. We are both very hard working and are very deserving of this day of relaxation. What better way to spend our next time together as peaceful as this. We are very grateful people that appreciate everything that comes our way. As far as our wedding goes, our motto is "It's not about the wedding, it's about the marriage" (which is also my advice to all future brides). We're trying not to get too caught up in it because we are both just blessed to be spending the rest of our lives together. 
    Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Hello,

me and my fiance Samuel would deserve this treat, since we have to spend our Wedding Planning apart from each other and  abroad over the pond to Europe/USA cuz of some Government/Immigrational Status Papers for our Wedding and my following Life Start in the US...We get to spend time only on the Phone and webcam for the Last 4 Months and miss each other so much..When I return now this Spring for our Wedding and finally our not seperated life, this would be such a perfect start !

My fiance works really hard,to supply a home and nice living for me when I move from Germany to America,half across the world for us to be together :) THink him and I deserve both a treat
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I would LOVE this time together to relax at Deva Spa.
    Besides wedding planning, we have been dealing with some serious family health issues and supporting our family has been the number one priority. This has been tough, but has been bringing us all closer together. Everything will work out ok if we stick together as a family. I am optimistic and excited about 2011!
    Amy
    amyjlustig@gmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    Well, let's see... myself, my fiancee, our families, and our venue are in 4 different states with 4 different time zones with up to 6 hours time difference.  While it has been really exciting to plan our wedding, it has been exhausting to do with full time jobs and the timing challenges!  Would love an opportunity to unwind a bit!
  • edited December 2011
    I would love to win this spa giveaway for so many reasons! My hubby & I have been married for about 2 1/2 years now and it has been amazing! DH is the most dedicated & hard working person I know. He works 2 jobs trying to put our little family (me & the dog Laughing) ahead. I don't see him too much because of his busy work schedule. He never complains, he comes home with a smile, he is willing to cook dinner when I am grumpy, and he is determined to be the best husband he can be. He also just quit smoking (finally!!) because we want to start a family. Giving up the cigarettes as added more stress to him...
    I am a 1st grade teacher (enough said!) & am beyond stressed. A day at the spa with my honey would be the best escape! It would give us a chance to breathe and relax.

~Jen pbj1975@aol.com
  • dunnkatdunnkat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is such a nice giveaway! I have always wanted to go to a spa and get pampered! My fiance and I are both paying for our wedding ,and saving for a house, so there is no way we would ever be able to afford something like this on our own. We are both police officers and work crazy hours, its not very often that we get time to spend together so this would such an amazing gift. I know my fiance especially deserves a massage, he has been working so hard and so much overtime lately to try and give me my dream wedding. Thank you Smile
  • yoshelleyyoshelley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My husband and I would love to have a spa treatment. We're two hard working people with kids. We don't really get a chnce to do anything for ourselves, so this would be a great opportunity for us. I could go on and on about how we're trying to make ends meet, but I won't. I just hope you'll pick us. Thanks for the opportunity. Take care.

• edited December 2011
    Wow what an amazing opportunity!
    My fiancé and I would love to win this awesome giveaway for a multitude of reasons. First, we've never had a chance for such an experience. We both come from a family of five on a single income. We have both worked hard to be where we are today, paying entirely for our own educations; I have a BS and he has an MA. We both work full time. He is a teacher and a volunteer assistant varsity wrestling coach and I am an engineer as well as a volunteer at the local humane society. We don't get to see each other often as coaching wresting consumes such an immense amount of time, including Saturdays. It would be nice to be able to get out of our small town and experience some city life as well as just to have a day to be pampered together.

Also, our wedding is paid for entirely by us. As, my father can’t afford to contribute due to raising five kids on a single income. We can’t afford a honeymoon, so this would be our little mini-honeymoon!

Thanks!

• ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I would love to win this spa getaway!  I think it would be a great way to relax, and in addition, FI has never been to the spa!

New York City holds a special place in our hearts, although we live in Philadelphia.  Both of us have sisters living in NYC, and our first trip away together was to NYC.  New York has such a hold on us, that we travelled from Philadelphia to NYC to have our engagement photos taken in Central Park.

We have not had the opportunity to return to NYC since our engagement photos, but I think it would be wonderful to escape back to the place that means so much to us, and to be able to spend our time in NYC relaxing and enjoying each other.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gwrollinsgwrollins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would really love to be able to do this for my fiance.  He has been such a good sport about my constant wedding planning and worrying about how it could possibly all come together.  We live in NYC, but we are getting married in Seattle where he and  his family are from.  I am from Maine and that is where most of my famly and bridesmaids live.  So for the most part he and I are on our own with the planning and for most things I need his advice and guidance.  Quite the opposite of what most guys have to go through.  He has had to endure so many months of crying and freakouts that he totally deserves this. 
    Yesterday there was a snow storm in NYC and we both got a snow day from work and the whole day was spent calling vendors and making arrangements for our next trip wedding planning trip.  He even helped me paint the canvas bags that I am giving to my bridesmaids.  It has been a while since we have been able to have a few quiet hours that did not involve wedding planning.
    He really is the most wonderful fiance anyone could ask for and I cannot wait to marry him!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We deserve this spa giveaway because we just had a baby and she was small and preemie.  Spent 13 days in NICU and I had a c-section and post partum depression - we made it through almost 6 months and it's time for a break.

reannenny@aol.com
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and I would love to win! We both work a good 60+hr a week most weeks and since he moved in with me so we could save more money for the wedding, his commute is now about 1.5 hours each way. We barely get to see each other and when we do, we have to try in cram in wedding planning talk. I would just LOVE a chance like this to relax and unwind with him and just enjoy each other. Id love to something like this on the anniversary of his proposal, and I was just thinking the other day how much we just need a day or weekend away, but with saving every penny for the wedding, we cant afford to. Thanks so much for the opportunity!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards