Wedding Party
Options

MIL and Step-MIL getting ready/hair done with bridal party

Hi all!  So my future sister-in-law just asked if her mom and step-mom will be getting ready with my bridesmaids, my mother and I, on the day of.  Neither of them expressed interest in doing so, so I did not include them on the appointment for hair and make-up.  I could obviously change the appt since my wedding is so far out (October), but should I have made an appt for them anyway?  And what are everyone's experiences on MILs getting ready with the bride?

Re: MIL and Step-MIL getting ready/hair done with bridal party

• Options
    It's not required.
  • Options
    Do you want them there with you?  If so, invite them. If not, you don't need to. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_mil-and-step-mil-getting-readyhair-done-with-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:a87de45e-ba1d-4f55-9bbf-570b66068257Post:c3572d31-d4bb-4c90-b3a7-855c2e774bd7">Re: MIL and Step-MIL getting ready/hair done with bridal party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you want them there with you?  If so, invite them. If not, you don't need to. 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

This.  I honestly don't even remember if I invited my MIL.  I don't know if you're "supposed to", but we're not close, so I didn't even think of it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I included both, but you don't have to. I honestly don't know if I would have thought to if I didn't know my mom really, really wanted to get hers done though. Then, I invited FMIL because I think she should have the opportunity to have hers done if my mom does.
  • Options
    I don't think this is a 'have to' thing either.

FWIW, when I was a BM for BIL and SIL's wedding, MIL wanted the pre-wedding time as a quiet moment for her and BIL.  
  • Options
    I just booked my hairstylist / make-up artist for my October wedding for just my bridal party and my Mom. I felt bad not asking my FMIL, but she has family coming in from out of the country and I know she will want to get ready with them and it would be just too many people to worry about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards