Maryland

Barn Needed for Wedding/Reception in Hartford County MD

Hello,
My Fiancee and I are having trouble finding a barn type setting for our reception and wedding for our Rustic/backyard themed wedding.  Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!
MacFarland123

Re: Barn Needed for Wedding/Reception in Hartford County MD

• Have you tried Rockfield Manor in Bel Air?  They have the main house and also the barn that can be rented for events.  Here is the website...http://www.rockfieldmanor.com/index.html...they have pictures in their gallery of a couple getting married in the barn.

• HA you are not alone sweetheart, there are basically no barns in Harford county, almost.

The ones in Harford are Rockfield Manor (only big enough for ceremony though, the reception is a tent that I am unsure if they include in pricing) which is a pretty venue and has a max capacity of 125.

Then there is the barn-like Geneva Farms on the outside, nice that its sort of an all-inclusive type venue, but the inside is not really barn-like (they redid the barn decades ago to a restaurant upstairs and hall downstairs).

There is a farm, unsure about an actual barn but there is a event farm called Pond View Farm in white hall, ask if they have a barn.

The only one I think that will meet all your criteria is Grimmel Farms.  Call and ask for Kristen's cell # and she can talk to you and possibly meet up to show it to you.  It is very pretty and big inside but there are no bathrooms (requires renting spot a pots or a bathroom trailor).  If you google Kristen Grimmel and Jake you should find their wedding.  There ceremony was in that barn (reception was elsewhere at Boordy vineyards in a tent).

IF you can venture a little further, but not much, look into the Tea Barn up in Cecil County and Richardson's Farm in Balto county (like 4 miles from the Harco line).  Richardsons is actually my dream barn venue but it is too expensive for me.  There is also a kids camp in Monkton that has a dining hall that looks like a barn inside and you can even rent the cabins so guests can sleep there for the night (this is only in off season, it is a kids camp so like April maybe May should be fine.  Google Camp Puhtok and look for their facebook page, look through their photo album labeled off season rental).

AND to top it off, if you go with Grimmel or Camp Puhtok, and maybe Rockfield (don't know if they have a caterer list or not) you can save a bundle on food by using KS Catering.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Not quite the area you are looking in but maybe worth the trip?

http://www.ostertagvistas.com/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ostertag is absolutely gorgeous but was too far for us in Balto County.  If you are willing to travel as far as Ostertag, just say so and I can give you a heck of a lot more venues, I just tried to pick the ones in Harford or nearby.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Thanks Everyone! All great places worth looking into :))
  • Grimmel Farms does have a bathroom.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards