Retro and Vintage Weddings

*Nukke*

I'm officially stalking your wedding bio.
Holy crap, you are amazing!

And I'm usually not curious enough to ask, but do you have a picture of your wedding dress?

I love, love, love antique and lace.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: *Nukke*

• NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2010
    Yes, I do!  But no, my dress is neither antique nor lace.  :(

It's dupioni silk and designed and made in Toronto, so I'll have a little piece of Canada with me when I'm married in the states.

I always thought I'd get a lace dress, but the ones I loved the best were way beyond my budget.  Then I fell in love with this silk dress and that was that.  The heart wants what the heart wants!  I'm fulfilling my lace obsession with my lacey accessories (shoes, hair flower, jewelry, jacket, gloves, veil). 

Here is the sample.  I'll be going for my final fitting on the 16th of October and will probably take some photos then.  It will look way better because it will have a poofy violet crinny underneath and not be so long!:

bust rosette detail:

Thank you for the compliments!  You should create a bio too.  I've found it so helpful for keeping track of my wedding things.  I used to have a physical folder, but found that 90% of my ideas and inspirations were from online anyway, so a planning bio really worked well for me.
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • I love the dress.

I dream of a lace dress, too.  I don't know, we'll see when the day comes.

I have no use for a bio yet.  The wedding date is just there bc TK asked for one when I signed up.  I'm not engaged.  We've only looked at rings so far.

But I look at pics here just to dream a little.
  • wow nukke i love that dress
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2010
    wrkn95--well if you guys are looking at rings, it sounds like you'll be engaged pretty soon! I've been looking through bridal magazines since I was 13.  I've always loved weddings, and I'm one of those girls that has been planning out bits of my own since I was 5.  Of course, back then I was always a princess and getting married to my father in a tuxedo and top hat, LOL.

jlmeier5--thanks!  Obviously, I love it too.  :P  My final dress fitting is just around the corner, so I'm completely overwhelmed by the thought of having my dress IN MY HOME very soon.   Last week, I even hugged it in the changeroom.  I'm a complete tool.
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • I never dreamed of my wedding as a kid.  Barbie never got married.....she got kidnapped in the back of my toy semi and Princess Jasmine or Raggedy Ann would save her.

But, I will argue that it's kind of "built in" for us.  All it took was a few of our marriage talks and I was excited about a wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards