New Jersey

Manor vs. Atrium

It's between these two.  

The Atrium offers a great deal of food at a great price.  I have not tried the food, but will do so at their next tasting which is on Wednesday night.  My concern with this place is the curb appeal.  It does not look too special from the road, but the inside is nice.  I hear great things about this place. 

I have always loved the Manor and the price is pretty much the same as the Atrium.  However, the Manor does not offer quite as much food as does the Atrium.  It is absolutely goregous however.  I like how it is set back from the road.  I have eaten several times at the Manor's buffet and have had a wonderful time at each of those dinners.  I have been to one wedding there and was not happy with it.  It was in the Virginia room and was very tight. Our reception would be in the Imperial room and we would have less people, so I am not worried about space.  However, I am worried about the quality of the food.  At the wedding that I was at, the cocktail was very disappointing, the shrimp were frozen and I noticed that the food was not being replenished as it ran out.  I do not know if this could have been an off night, as the reviews are also very good on this place and as I have mentioned, I always love the food at the buffet.  

Anyone been to either?  What have your experiences been? Thanks!

Re: Manor vs. Atrium

• If it must be between these two( did you look at Mayfair Farms?) I would do the Atrium. You are right it has no curb appeal but the Manor is such the wedding factory- you look out the window at other brides and share the restrooms and halls.
  • RMMJSRMMJS member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Thanks Reilly.  Mayfair Farms is pretty outside, but i'm not a total fan of the inside.  

I always loved the Manor.  I am getting married at the church and then going to the Manor (if we choose here) for pics before ch.  We are holding the Imperial room and also get the outside area for ch, so I am worried about people coming to take pictures while my ch is going on.  I will have to ask this question of them again. 

Last night, I drove by the Atrium.  Again, it still didn't totally appeal to me, but the inside is nice, but very standard ballroom place.    I also went to Highlawn, and felt that the Manor is still much more beautiful to pull up to.  We'll see....
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I think you should decide based on which place is more likely to give your guests the best overall experience. Food is going to be the primary part of that. I can guarantee you that no amount of "wow" factor will make up for a disappointing experience like you described as a guest. Wait until after your tasting at the Atrium to decide, but try not to let how the outside of the buildings look trump more important factors like food and service.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• I booked the Manor for November and also are in the Imperial Room.  I have heard nothing but good things about the Manor and everyone I've talked to said the food is amazing!  I can't wait.
    I have also eaten at the buffet several times and love it as well.
  • We booked the Atrium. I had my prom at the Manor, so it was automatically out for me. The food at the tasting was great, and people who have been to weddings there always say there was a lot of food (I've never been to a wedding there myself). I agree on the curb appeal - pretty non existent. But when you are in the upstairs ballroom with the lights dimmed and uplight on, it's pretty beautiful and you totally forget about the outside!

I agree with JCG, go with whichever place you think will give you and your guests the best over all experience, wherever that may be. 
  • nkschwbnkschwb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I was actually at a friends wedding last weekend at the Manor in the Virginia room. Never been to a buffet at the manor but the cocktail food was very good.
  • We went to The Atrium, The Manor and Mayfair Farms among mnay others but when I looked at everything overall the Atrium was the obvious choice.  We went to the food tasting with both sets of parents and everyone loved the food.  Everyone that I have dealt with there has been incredibly nice.  I know the outside doesn't look fantastic but really people are pulling up and valeting.  They aren't exactly standing outside staring at the building.  Their cocktail hour is huge and the price was fantastic.  We were even able to negoitiate a little bit and got an even better deal with some things we were looking for.  The staff at the Manor was rude when we had our appointment with them and the halls were insane with 4 different events going on at the same time.  There were children running up and down the Manor hall and some lady that worked there came out and started screaming at them, "THIS IS NOT A PLAYGROUND" while some bride was trying to take her pictures on the stairwell.  It was so chaotic!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • RMMJSRMMJS member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I am glad to hear various opinions. I am going to the Atrium tomorrow night for a tasting!  We'll see how it goes....
  • I'm getting married at the Atrium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Bill he is the best ever.
  • I'm getting married at the Atrium as well.  A friend of mine had her wedding there and I've spoken to several people who have been to Weddings there and raved about it.  Our food tasting was great and BIll has been a great contact there.  I am so looking forward to it there.  I wouldn't worry about the outside so much, the back patio is nicely decorated and the ballroom looks fabulous! And to me, food is a #1 choice, you always want people to rave about the food!  Glad to hear about all the Atrium brides!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards