Rhode Island

Help! so many officiants are already booked!

Hi everyone, I'm looking for an officiant recommendation.  I've already contacted Mike Egam, Mary Powers, Skip Sweeney, Victoria Burdick and the Cavalacontes.  They're all already booked at 5 pm on August 28th!  
I have  3 choices, contact someone else and hope they're available (any other recommendations?)
Contact Antoinette Cavanna, who was recommended by Victoria Burdick, but I can't find much information on her, good or bad.  
or Rev. Cavalaconte said he can do it without his wife at 4:30 instead of 5.  The problem with this is that my reception starts at 6, and I can't get in any earlier.  So, if I have a ceremony at 4:30, done around 5, people mill around outside the church, it takes 10 minutes to drive to the reception, will I have too much lag time between the ceremony and the reception?  Any advice?

Re: Help! so many officiants are already booked!

• edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear about your officiant dilemma. I'm the bride who has Skip...we are date twins! I've been to more then one wedding where we had some lag time between the ceremony and rececption. It isn't the most pleasant thing for guests but 20 minutes isn't too much time. I would suggest calling and if you can meeting with Victoria....maybe you will actually really like her but if things don't work out and you can't find someone else I would just book at 4:30 and not worry about it. Maybe you could arrange for a Dels truck or something to show up at the church and distract guests for awhile.
  • edited December 2011
    oh, lucky you!  You've got skip!   I've already contacted DELS... I think I may have found someone.  Antoinette Cavanna, who was recommended by Victoria... I emailed her, she's been back in contact with me, and at least by email, seems really nice!  

So, where is your wedding?  Mine is at South Ferry Church and the North beach clubhouse in Narragansett.   

Thanks for the advice and I hope skip is great for your wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    Try Rev. James Gibney:

1800-I-Do-Weddings
    508-559-2222

He is THE BEST!!!  He is sooooo sweet.  I've met him a few times at weddings and baby christenings, and he is just perfect.  He loves people and is so passionate and energetic.  He is just a person that has that great spirit that makes you want to spend more time with him.
  • divinemsmdivinemsm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Peter Rosedale-we met with him last night and he was very nice. 

http://www.justiceofthepeace-rhodeisland.com/

We just booked him for our wedding in May.  His fee is 150.00

Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    you could try Michael Kelleher, Mike Egan recommended him to us...

http://www.riweddingsbythesea.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Try Tina at tee.pee3@verizon.net
    I heard she was great!
  • edited December 2011
    Try Darlene Schlesinger @ dshlesinger@yahoo.com
    she has a website that escapes me at the moment, but if you google her, you'll find it
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • csun060797csun060797 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are using Peter Rosedale, too.  He was great to meet with and flexible with ceremony wording.  He gave us a lot of options, too. :)
  • GEL0153GEL0153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I had Victoria, but then slacked on calling her back, (because I was asking around about her) and she booked my date.  :(   The only person she recommended was Antoinette, which I spoke with and she also sent me a pack of her ceremonies. I am going with her because I like how she does the personal ceremony instead of the traditional. Victoria was highly recommend which is why I am trusting her.
  • holly283holly283 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Try David Poole, he is from Connecticut but travels to RI for Weddings.  He is doing our wedding in Newport and was recommended to me by a friend.  Here is his website.  He is very good about getting back to you. http://www.reverenddavidpoole.com/
    Good Luck!

• holly283holly283 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using David Poole for our Newport ceremony.  He is from Connecticut but will travel to RI.  He was recommend to us by a friend and is very good about getting back to you.  Here is his website http://www.reverenddavidpoole.com/
    Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, thanks everyone!  So good to hear there are others out there besides the ones I contacted.  I'll let you know who I go with... so far I'm leaning towards Antoinette.  I've emailed back and forth with her a few times and she's been so open and accommodating!  
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Michael Kelleher.  We met with him this past fall and he was very nice and had a good sense of humor.  Very reasonable price too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards