Missouri-Kansas City

Hotels

Hi guys -

I have 2 hotel related questions. 

1) Are there any hotels near downtown or the Plaza that have an actual honeymoon (or similar) suite?
2) Are there any hotels that offer some kind of benefit (free room for bride & groom, etc) when you reserve a block of rooms for your guests with them?

I've called a few hotels in town, and I'm having a terrible time getting answers from them.  Maybe I'm just not asking the right questions.   Thanks!!

Re: Hotels

• edited December 2011

Two of my friends got married in October and they stayed in the Presidential Suite at the Marriott on the Country Club Plaza.  Not sure if that is wha tyou are looking for...

In terms of benefits fro the bride/groom - have you tried Hotel Phillip?  I talked with them at a bridal fair and they might have something like that...can't remember exactly what though.

• edited December 2011
    Usually the perk of a free honey moon suite is reserved for those who host their receptions at the hotel.  However, when blocking a group of rooms for your guests you can negotiate a great discount for them.

Best wishes,

Julie Blanner
  • edited December 2011

the free suite is usually part of a wedding package.  we looked at a few hotels  for our reception and most of them included the free room for the bride and groom on the night of the wedding.  but that was ONLY if we used them for our reception site.

• HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

For example, we're using the Double Tree in OP and since we're blocking rooms with them for our guests, we get a free room for us the night of our wedding. It's not the HM Suite but it's free, so I won't argue. ;-P I would be willing to bet that something sililar to this would be available at most hotels.
  • sarabeth14sarabeth14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Julie- vendors are not allowed to post on here.
  • QueenofQuirkyQueenofQuirky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We will get the honeymoon suite at the Q hotel & spa in Westport, if 30 room nights are covered by our guests there. We have a block of rooms and I've been very pleased with the service so far. We are not having our wedding reception there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards