Wedding Etiquette Forum

Return Address Etiquette

Hello Ladies,

I am looking on Etsy for return address rubber stamps and just curious the proper etiquette.

FI and I are living together and paying for the wedding ourselves.  Should the return address on the invites just have our address? or both our last names or just his?  I like the mongram stamps but I think I read somewhere it is not proper for my first letter initial to be used with my soon to be married name before the actual wedding...

Thanks in advance!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Return Address Etiquette

• You shouldn't use your married monogram before the wedding. 

For the return address, if you are living together you can use either one of your names or both.  I've also seen people have the return address as "Jones-Smith Wedding"
  • We are living together and for our STD return addresses, we put both our names and then the address. You shouldn't use your initial with his last initial until you guys are married.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • We did the same thing as SummerBride2011. Both of our first names and then our address.
  • Correct, don't use a name that isn't yours (yet).  Either Smith-Jones Wedding, or "Jane & Steve" is acceptable. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • >>FI and I are living together and paying for the wedding ourselves.

OK, but who is HOSTING the wedding?
    If your parents' names are on the top line of your invitation as the hosts who are inviting the people to come to the wedding, then the guests will respond to your parents' invitation and the RSVP names/address are your parents' names and address.
    If your name and FI's name are on the top line of your invitation as the hosts who are inviting people to come to the wedding, then the RSVPs come to you, and your return address stamp can just have your address with no names.
  • Thanks everyone!!  I appreciate your input!! :)

Happy New Year!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards