November 2011 Weddings

BBC Next Book: The Hunger Games

I think it's safe to say based on this discussion (<- click) and this one (<- click) that we're reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  We won't discuss the whole trilogy as a group, just the first book.  A discussion date of February 10 was mentioned, because this is a short book and a SUPER quick read that most of us have already read.  But I am definitely open to suggestions for other dates if anyone thinks that's too soon.  Thoughts?
image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: BBC Next Book: The Hunger Games

• Spike, I think you'll enjoy it! I read it before knowing it was going to be a movie, and I really liked it. 

Sessions I think February 10th sounds good! :)
    Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
    Pomegranate Margarita
  • Sessions, is the movie going to be about the whole triology or just the first book or what?

I am honestly not that familiar with the series. To be honest the first time it even hit my radar screen is when we started talking about it for a book club on here.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    my read shelf:
    Savanna Funkhouser's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2011-weddings_bbc-next-book-hunger-games?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:651Discussion:0234d0e2-ab77-4c43-9ac6-bb790b62f891Post:80b67cb0-5b10-406e-b0b3-bd02c1c6a32e">Re: BBC Next Book: The Hunger Games</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Sessions, is the movie going to be about the whole triology or just the first book or what?</strong> I am honestly not that familiar with the series. To be honest the first time it even hit my radar screen is when we started talking about it for a book club on here.
    Posted by Savanna111911[/QUOTE]
    It's just the first book.  They are already working on the script for the movie of the second book, and some of the actors have let it slip that they are signed on for FOUR movies.  Which would lead you to believe they're going the way of Harry Potter and Twilight and dividing the last book into two movies.  In my opinion, I think the second book deserves two movies since it's the longest and covers the most ground, but no one asked me, haha.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • I hate the whole two movies thing.  But I'm only like 6 chapters into this book and I'm already excited about the movie. Good choice Sessions.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    my read shelf:
    Savanna Funkhouser's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards