North Carolina-Outer Banks

Rehearsal dinner suggestions, please!

So we're using the Black Pelican as our caterers for the wedding. Originally my fMIL wanted to throw a barbeque-style rehearsal dinner at the rental house we're getting married at, but my mother shot that down because no one wants to deal with the clean up the night before the wedding!

So does anyone have any recommendations for a rehearsal dinner restaurant in or near Kill Devil Hills? We may have upwards of 30 people attending.

Re: Rehearsal dinner suggestions, please!

• A lot of people have used Pamlico Jacks for their rehearsal dinner. They have a private room and use it often. As someone who had their rehearsal dinner (and wedding for that matter!) at the rental house, the rehearsal dinner cleanup was not bad at all. We used Coastal Provisions and they delivered, we used paper products and made cupcakes for dessert, but since we kept it casual and used paper products, we got everything cleaned up quickly in time to start setting up for the wedding the next day. Just something to think about. We even considered just keeping the rehearsal dinner REALLY casual and just ordering pizza.
  • Thanks for the suggestion. I just have a lot of kids in my wedding party, so we're trying to keep things out of the house as much as possible. We basically plan to set up as much as possible the night before to minimize the work in the morning (so we can actually ENJOY the pre-wedding stuff!) Plus... to be honest, my fiance's groomsmen are slobs! I love them, but they are seriously messy!
  • I suggest looking on the wedding association site and contacting venues. We originally wanted our welcome dinner off-site, but after receiving quotes of several thousand dollars we ended up having our welcome dinner at our rental, although we weren't having our wedding there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Pamlico Jacks turned out great for us.  Right on the sound with great views and fun for kids too (they have a pirate and pirate ship).  Communication wasn't so great at times, but it turned out really great (they bumped us up into the big room with a beautiful sunset view even though we only had around 20 people - so if you have over 30 then they'll probably put you there).  Everyone raved about the food too (Doug will work with you on whatever you want).  Definitely recommend!
    image June 22, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_rehearsal-dinner-suggestions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:27050e64-2f06-4093-9371-5bceb4ea4d06Post:32cd34db-3a15-4a26-963b-be8b5a9e6b5a">Rehearsal dinner suggestions, please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So we're using the Black Pelican as our caterers for the wedding. Originally my fMIL wanted to throw a barbeque-style rehearsal dinner at the rental house we're getting married at, but my mother shot that down because no one wants to deal with the clean up the night before the wedding! So does anyone have any recommendations for a rehearsal dinner restaurant in or near Kill Devil Hills? We may have upwards of 30 people attending.
    Posted by CourtaniaLynn[/QUOTE]

<div>We are thinking of doing a casual rehearsal dinner, pretty much just either BBQ Style with hamburgers, hot dogs and maybe something like meatball sandwiches and hot roast beef sandwiches. Laid back type of deal. We want it to kind of be a "Welcome BBQ/Rehearsal dinner" We want it to be fun. I think as someone else said using paper plates and plastic cups should be quick, easy clean-up. If you use chafing pans with a buffet set you can just throw foil on top of all your leftovers and throw it in the fridge. I've heard good things about Pamlico Jack's, Ortegaz and Argyles catering though. </div>
  • Talk to High Cotton BBQ in Kitty Hawk.  They are catering for our Keg & BBQ rehearsal dinner :)
  • We are doing a private sunset catamaran cruise as a gift for our bridal party and having dinner catered onto the boat for the rehearsal dinner.  You can also do a public cruise too. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards