Maryland-Baltimore

Looking for Resonable Price DJ

Looking for a reasonably priced DJ for wedding reception June 2012 Saturday evening.  I know it's a popular month and day...but quotes are coming in for $1400 or greater. I expected to pay a ilttle more for Saturday not but not thousands....  
Anyone have any recommendation for affordable reputable DJ with experience in Baltimore area?
Thanks

Re: Looking for Resonable Price DJ

• akraussakrauss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That price sounds about right for the area.  I have my DJ for my ceremony music, and cocktail/dinner and reception from 6pm-11 pm with lights he is running me $1500 and he is cutting me a deal because he is a friend of a friend.  But keep looking I am sure you will find someone in your budget.  Check weddingwire for recommendations.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    Orlando Entertainment?  They're about $700 but you get what you pay for.  
    We ended up just going with a band for just under $2000.  If we were going to pay $1500 it'd be for live music.
    Keep checking around--I seem to think several places we checked out were just under $1,000.  
    Anniversary
  • jla07jla07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I saw my DJ (World Renown Entertainment) at a wedding, so I got to see them in action. Although my wedding isn't until April. They have been very responsive and are members of a DJ association (ADJA.org)
    Check them out:   www.weddingwire.com/biz/world-renown-elkridge/608718198a7b125c.html" target="_blank">http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/world-renown-elkridge/608718198a7b125c.html

If you do contact them, please tell them Lucy sent you.

Good Luck.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_looking-resonable-price-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:85Discussion:b6d54690-3cd5-407a-97e8-c2ca76ab39d9Post:db64c866-5d8d-41da-b3a8-3c2d1868077c">Re: Looking for Resonable Price DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Orlando Entertainment?  They're about $700 but you get what you pay for.   We ended up just going with a band for just under $2000.  If we were going to pay $1500 it'd be for live music. Keep checking around--I seem to think several places we checked out were just under $1,000.  
    Posted by tayylor65[/QUOTE]

I paid  $700 for Orlando Entertainment and they were faboulus!
  • jla07jla07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Lucy and Blonde....   Like the re-assurance of DJ Orlando services...I just got a quote from him ...coming in at $900 but we need a partial second set-up for ceremony with 4 1/2 hours of total service.   I will also check out World Renown....   ThanksAgain
  • edited December 2011
    We booked with Steve Moody.  He has had nothing but awesome reviews on weddingwire.  When we met with him in person we were sold!  We booked his basic package for 5 hours at around $1000.  As far as I know, he doesn't charge extra for Saturday weddings.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• jla07jla07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Dnice, just requested a quote from S Moody
  • mnm704mnm704 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Chris Temple from C&J Entertainment in Odenton. Their pricing is pretty reasonable and he did an amazing job. He helps plan the entire timeline for the reception which really helped and things went so smoothly! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Jenny Z Mobile DJ and she is less than 800 on a Holiday Weekend. fantastic music/ratings/and she also radio DJ's for a Delaware radio station. she's local out of Forest Hill
  • hquick01hquick01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked DJ Paul Parrinello, he was $700 and willing to work with budgets. www.djpaulentertainment.com . I've heard great reviews about him
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards