Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Inexpensive ceremony location - Downtown Baltimore

Does anyone have any suggestions for an inexpensive ceremony location in downtown Baltimore? We are looking for a location for a non-religious ceremony that would be close to our reception location at Westminster Hall (W. Fayette street). Originally we were going to have both ceremony and reception at the same location, but I don’t like the idea of having to make all of the guests wait outside while the caterer resets the hall for the reception. I think it would be less stressful to have an alternative location.  We are having approx. 150-180 guests. We are open to indoor or outdoor location suggestions. Thanks!!!!

Re: Inexpensive ceremony location - Downtown Baltimore

• Options
    pengy16pengy16 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    have you looked into the baltimore city parks? You can get a permit from the city to hold a ceremony in one of their publlic parks. I dont know the fee for the permit but it shouldnt be much. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    The park near the Washington Monument in Mt. Vernon would be a pretty cool outdoor ceremony location. You would need to rent chairs though, which could get pricey for that large of a group. Or maybe one of the performance venues, like the Lyric or the Meyerhoff? I have no clue how much they would charge, but it would be a short period of time, and if they didn't have anything else planned for that time slot, maybe they would be willing to work with you. That would be pretty unique. Or one of the art galleries at MICA could work. Other ideas are the sculpture garden at the Walters, near the lake at Druid Hill park, and one of the ballrooms at the Belvedere.
  • Options
    Have you asked the caterer how they normally handle the transition from Ceremony to Reception at Westminster Hall.  They probably have some tricks up their sleeves to keep the guests occupied while they turn the room. 

Perhaps you could drape part of the room to make a cocktail lounge.  Do they have room outside for a tent? 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My brother and his wife had their ceremony and reception at Westminster Hall. They set most of the tables prior to the ceremony (those on the upper levels and behind the cermony chairs), then encouraged guests to tour the grounds and provided cocktails during the switch. They may have hired a docent for the tours, I was in the pictures at the time, so I'm not sure. I don't remember any of the guest grumbling about being outside though - Edgar Allen Poe is buried there!
  • Options
    I agree with a simple place but then enhance it with lighting, decor etc. Check out http://eventprolive.net/lighting/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards