Wedding Etiquette Forum

Ugh. My fault, but still complaining

Re: Ugh. My fault, but still complaining

• Yeah, I think taking a cab back will be a good idea. I don't mind using the cab some, but I don't want to use it over and over. We also want to go see the bean (Millennium park?), Navy Pier and either the aquarium or the science center. We were going to rent a car and just drive around the city, but I think that's probably out now.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • haha - well i know you had mentioned it, but I didn't want to intrude on your anniversary weekend :) if you wanted to do other things!
    And I agree with Jill - Ba ba reba would be great for a GTG!  We actually disussed that before :)
    Photobucket
  • Yeah, I remember that. I'm good with either that or fondu somewhere!
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • LVB, the el is probably your best bet-I would NOT want to try driving in Chicago Smile
  • Oooh ok well CG is the place to go then!  That will be so so nice.  I got my dad a GC there as his wedding thank you.

I WANT TO COME BACK KELLY. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • First of all, IM PISSED that Morton's left MSP. Scott and I love that freaking place.

Second, LVB, you just stop your fretting. EVEN IIIIIII have navigated Chi-Town on the train, and it's safe, easy, fun, and just fine and dandy.

YOu haven't ruined anything. Experiences are 90 percent what you make it with the attitude you have about it. What a fun memory to have. HEY! TEBOW! Remember that time we took the train in to Chicago and we were all dressed up!?! Which, Beeteedubs, happens like...all the time.

It will be fine. you'll have a lovely time. I swear. Chicago is awesome.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • You should come visit this weekend!! It would be the best G2G of all time. OF ALL TIME.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ugh-fault-but-still-complaining?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4c1ea0f2-8ff7-414c-b81e-23692785a98bPost:ce8a0a02-7234-42d4-b6d5-ed6964a4e5a2">Re: Ugh. My fault, but still complaining</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I think taking a cab back will be a good idea. I don't mind using the cab some, but I don't want to use it over and over. We also want to go see the bean (Millennium park?), Navy Pier and either the aquarium or the science center. We were going to rent a car and just drive around the city, but I think that's probably out now.
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]
    IMO, the easiest way to do all that would be to use public transportation.  You can use the CTA website to find a good route to do it.  If H and I were going to do that, we'd probably park somewhere with free parking (near our friends places in Lakeview or something) and then take the El, buses and cabs.  Parking downtown can really be a PITA and expensive.
    Photobucket
  • Thanks everyone, you all are making me feel better. Funny that a bunch of internet strangers can do what my own husband cant. lol
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ugh-fault-but-still-complaining?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4c1ea0f2-8ff7-414c-b81e-23692785a98bPost:99c411ef-d674-4737-9e2d-8fba412b0feb">Re: Ugh. My fault, but still complaining</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ugh. My fault, but still complaining : IMO, the easiest way to do all that would be to use public transportation.  You can use the CTA website to find a good route to do it.  If H and I were going to do that, we'd probably park somewhere with free parking (near our friends places in Lakeview or something) and then take the El, buses and cabs.  Parking downtown can really be a PITA and expensive.
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]
    Can you buy CTA maps anywhere?
  • Yeah, even if you were staying downtown? Driving around would just be silly. Public transportation is where it's at.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I agree with Kelly - ALL of those places are totally accessible via public transportation.  The cta website is awesome but you can ask us here too to figure it out.

I just went to the Shedd last weekend and LOVED it. 
  • Well, we love seeing houses and neighborhoods and stuff. We would have really enjoyed it, but maybe another trip.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ugh-fault-but-still-complaining?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4c1ea0f2-8ff7-414c-b81e-23692785a98bPost:f363489a-2e3f-4f91-a668-4ee52ad328f8">Re: Ugh. My fault, but still complaining</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ugh. My fault, but still complaining : Can you buy CTA maps anywhere?
    They are FREE!  Weird right?

Ohandplusalso?  Parking downtown?  It's like craaaazy expensive.  And it sucks. 
  • Trying to look on the plus side, we won't have to lug our bags on the train, right?

We should be able to store our bags at the hotel until check in on the first day and our flight on the second, right?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ugh-fault-but-still-complaining?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4c1ea0f2-8ff7-414c-b81e-23692785a98bPost:8ca12cb0-705b-4aba-bd65-5247acee2204">Re: Ugh. My fault, but still complaining</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, we love seeing houses and neighborhoods and stuff. We would have really enjoyed it, but maybe another trip.
    You should totes ride the brown line then.  It's a purty ride.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ugh-fault-but-still-complaining?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4c1ea0f2-8ff7-414c-b81e-23692785a98bPost:8a3c764f-f52c-4fdc-bbf0-1067d6d0d6fa">Re: Ugh. My fault, but still complaining</a>:
    [QUOTE]Trying to look on the plus side, we won't have to lug our bags on the train, right? We should be able to store our bags at the hotel until check in on the first day and our flight on the second, right?
    Correct. 
  • I would use the website.  You can put in where you are starting, where you want to go and it will give you the ways to get there.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ugh-fault-but-still-complaining?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4c1ea0f2-8ff7-414c-b81e-23692785a98bPost:e1799312-8e2c-45d8-8f21-79c7db45700c">Re: Ugh. My fault, but still complaining</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ugh. My fault, but still complaining : They are FREE!  Weird right? Ohandplusalso?  Parking downtown?  It's like craaaazy expensive.  And it sucks. 
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]
    Would I be able to pick on eup at the airport or some stop? I know it's online, but I want something with me in case we decide to go somewhere else.

It's only 19 days away!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ugh-fault-but-still-complaining?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4c1ea0f2-8ff7-414c-b81e-23692785a98bPost:73a77ac3-57ed-4c8b-a0b4-ad60a9a94887">Re: Ugh. My fault, but still complaining</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ugh. My fault, but still complaining : Would I be able to pick on eup at the airport or some stop? I know it's online, but I want something with me in case we decide to go somewhere else. It's only 19 days away!
    Yes to both.  Your hotel should have them on hand as well.
  • I think there are 3 day passes that are good for the bus and el.  Correct me if I'm wrong Andy.  I think it's like $15 a person?  
    I don't know about where to get maps.  
    Photobucket
  • Thanks so much ladies. You're the best. Really.
  • you can print this out,  if you want to have a chance to look it over before you get here
    Photobucket
  • Alright, I'm going to shower and go to bed. I have an awful migrane. Thanks so much ladies. I <3 you.
  • Andy for a moment I thought you got your haircut and dyed and your avatar pic changed. Then I realized it was a TK glitch:

• damn.  My avatar is looking pretty sassy there mkrup.

Maybe I should be like LVB and take a shower.  I'm such a dirty hippie.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ugh-fault-but-still-complaining?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4c1ea0f2-8ff7-414c-b81e-23692785a98bPost:5fa328e0-b2de-431d-bd6d-5ee7c05d04c4">Re: Ugh. My fault, but still complaining</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone, you all are making me feel better. Funny that a bunch of internet strangers can do what my own husband cant. lol

Well sometimes it takes people outside the situation. He's right there with you and you're probably thinking, "Oh what do you know Mr. Goes with the Flow? I've totally ruined the anniversary trip!" When in reality you haven't and all will be fine. you're going to have a blast and I'm jealous of any GTG that happens.
  • Yeah Andy. Someone definitely sassed it up for that pic. Do you think it's a cell phone pic? At least she's not making the duck face a la:

• Chicago is amazing!! A cab ride to the city from o hare Is not to bad. And driving in the city it totally fun at night. If you can afford to rent a car, I would do that. Put parking is tricky and can get expensive. Is there anyway they can transfer your reservation to the Hilton downtown? Jet curious. You will have a fantatsic time either way. Chicago is so much fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards