February 2013 Weddings

YAY!! RSVP Cards

We just started receiving our RSVP cards from guests and it is so exciting! I didn't think we would get them back so quickly. After a year of planning it is finally starting to feel real!

Re: YAY!! RSVP Cards

• Yay!! 

I've only gotten ONE back!  People are telling me by word of mouth which isn't very helpful since those saying YES have not book their trip (Destination Wedding) so how do I really now it's a yes?? Ugh!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh man...... We're only sending them this week-end after a final guest list check with my parents! :S I can't wait to have them out!!!
  • Haha wow you girls are early! I'm not sending mine out until the 8th.
  • Wow! I feel like a slacker, lol! I just ordered mine like a week and a half ago. I won't get them for another few weeks. Sending them Dec 26th for my Feb 9 wedding. I bet it does make it seem real though! I'm sending mine on the late-ish side because I'm afraid my guests will RSVP, then forget to come. It happened multiple times with both my engagement party and shower.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_yay-rsvp-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:d9af6119-f7ef-4f4f-868e-d44f2f1a2934Post:4a263d12-caab-4130-8ffd-1363a1e57b4e">Re: YAY!! RSVP Cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow! I feel like a slacker, lol! I just ordered mine like a week and a half ago. I won't get them for another few weeks. Sending them Dec 26th for my Feb 9 wedding. I bet it does make it seem real though! I'm sending mine on the late-ish side because I'm afraid my guests will RSVP, then forget to come. It happened multiple times with both my engagement party and shower.
    Posted by livnsamsmama[/QUOTE]

<div>Don't worry I'm totally with you on this one! I'm definitely guilty of forgetting to RSVP when the invites were sent out super early, so thats the last thing I wanted from my guests. A month is plenty of time to RSVP IMO!</div>
  • Isn't it kind of early to be sending invites out for a Feb wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We sent our invites out the weekend before thanksgiving.  Our wedding is a holiday weekend, Presidents Day, so we didn't want to have guests miss out because of planned vacations!

Also we didn't want it to get lost in the holiday card rush!  But really for NJ where I live, they weren't out early, it's kind of normal here.

Out of the 30 RSVPs we got back all were "yes!!"

It is very exciting opening them up one at a time to see who can actually make it!
  • It's way too early for me; I just ordered my invites! They won't be going out til the end of Dec, about 6.5 wks before my wedding. It is exciting when it starts to feel real! My shower did that for me. I'll be super excited to start getting the RSVP cards back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, the invites go out 6-8 weeks before hand. If its a destination wedding you should have done STDs. Many people will misplace the invites between then and now. Could lead to many no shows. Not trying to be the Debbie Downer here but not the best idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am sending mine out in about a week and a half for my February 16th wedding. So a little less than 10 weeks out. This is also normal for my area. And my venue says that they have had brides who had problems with people not getting their invites when brides have sent them out right at Christmas time. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine went out early because half of our guest list (58 people) will be traveling from out of state. My wedding is in AZ and February is a busy travel time. Hotels and flights can be expensive, which I do not think people realize until they start looking at the rates. I also didn't want the cards to get caught up in the holiday mail. In my FAQ section of my website I explain why the invites went out a little early. The RSVP cards are not due until 10 days before the wedding. We have already received 20 responses. YAY!
  • We are sending ours out December 17th. 6 weeks before our wedding.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mailed last week Despite our attaching a 65 cent stamp to each RSVP envelope people are responding via FB. ........ok Already received call from family telling me that I need to find invite 2 additional people because said 2people are "tight" that they are not included on the RSVP. I explained it was a financial decision and I was told ... "You have to make it happen." BTW... Said 2 people have never invited me to any of their super sized events. Trying not to feel bummed.
  • Early is better - ours went out before Thanksgiving - we're getting married Feb 9. We set an early RSVP date too so we have time to add more if we get no's.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsmtothekmrsmtothek member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_yay-rsvp-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:d9af6119-f7ef-4f4f-868e-d44f2f1a2934Post:33df4449-4ee0-40b9-b93b-2029ea5d09fa">Re: YAY!! RSVP Cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]Early is better - ours went out before Thanksgiving - we're getting married Feb 9. We set an early RSVP date too so we have time to add more if we get no's.
    Posted by Devilzangel609[/QUOTE]
    No offense, but I strongly disagree. When you send out your invites too early you run the risk of people not RSVPing right away because they are unsure of their plans or even worse completely forgetting about the invite altogether. The short timeframe helps to suggest responding as soon as possible. Also, I've had several "couples" that have broken up in a matter of weeks that have made me change who I'm addressing invites to! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_yay-rsvp-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:d9af6119-f7ef-4f4f-868e-d44f2f1a2934Post:b6e11397-853e-4dcc-b7ab-e2c8874bdbf0">Re: YAY!! RSVP Cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: YAY!! RSVP Cards : No offense, but I strongly disagree. When you send out your invites too early you run the risk of people not RSVPing right away because they are unsure of their plans or even worse completely forgetting about the invite altogether. The short timeframe helps to suggest responding as soon as possible. Also, I've had several "couples" that have broken up in a matter of weeks that have made me change who I'm addressing invites to! 
    Posted by mckemowse[/QUOTE]

<div>It worked well for us. We have quite a few family members that have to arrange travel plans for the wedding. Anyone who was not married or engaged - the outer envelop was addressed "&guest" so that wasn't an issue from the beginning. We've had no problem getting the RSVP's back. I guess you just have to know your family and guests. You can't give guests a short RSVP time because it's rude - you should allow a couple of weeks for them to respond back to you, when you send it with a very short RSVP time it makes them think they were not a first option. But to each their own...</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsmtothekmrsmtothek member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2012
    Devilzangel609, Most of my guests are also traveling out of town. But a save the date, if sent out far enough in advance, lets them know the event is happening and if they'd like to make plans to attend they will. But things happen, plans change, and to expect some people to commit before they're supposed to is unrealistic and can often result in a forgotten RSVP.

And I politely disagree--I sent out my invites this past Saturday which gives my guests over a month to respond to my Jan 18th deadline. That is plenty of time. Sending out an invite is a pre-meditated event and something well thought over (you should know)--putting together a guest list, the number of invites, stamps, and envelopes ordered, and taking the time and money to send them out to a calligrapher. All of this far from suggests to my guests that they are "not a first option". I'm sending out my invites once, to the people that matter the most to me. Don't you think sending out another round of invites AFTER you first sent them out is rude? How would you feel receiving an invite after the fact, knowing that you didn't make the "first" list?

Glad it worked for you, it just doesn't make sense to me! As you said, whatever works best for each person. Guess we all have different thought processes on this! 
  • mckemowse - Sending out second round invites are rude - definitely not something my fiance and I even considered - which is why we only sent out invites once. Also, I have recieved a second round invite before. I was not offended by it only because I understood the situation. It was a friend of my brother's (he was in the wedding) and they had a huge family - which was priority - so when they had room they sent out to additional friends. Only reason I knew was because my brother got his invite before me. But it's not something I would ever do.

What colors are you doing for your wedding? Just curious. :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Devilzangel609 Sorry if I misunderstood your previous post:

"Early is better - ours went out before Thanksgiving - we're getting married Feb 9. We set an early RSVP date too so we have time to add more if we get no's."

To me that says, we're sending out a second round of invites. Sorry that wasn't the case! Glad to hear you aren't doing that. I think I'd definitely be offended/sad if I received one much later than everyone else.

Our wedding colors are mostly just white with splashes of gray, gold, and neutrals.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_yay-rsvp-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:d9af6119-f7ef-4f4f-868e-d44f2f1a2934Post:dcbcaba8-8a5b-45a6-8ecc-74d3f0a0ba4b">Re: YAY!! RSVP Cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ Devilzangel609  Sorry if I misunderstood your previous post: " Early is better - ours went out before Thanksgiving - we're getting married Feb 9. We set an early RSVP date too so we have time to add more if we get no's." To me that says, we're sending out a second round of invites. Sorry that wasn't the case! Glad to hear you aren't doing that. I think I'd definitely be offended/sad if I received one much later than everyone else. Our wedding colors are mostly just white with splashes of gray, gold, and neutrals.
    Posted by mckemowse[/QUOTE]

<div>Oops...I meant to say adjust not add - I forgot to read what I wrote before I sent it! I like your colors - make sure you post pics!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards